Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [158]: Jul 05 2013 - The Riviera Theatre - Chicago, Illinois, USA [**Venue Change**]

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default [158]: Jul 05 2013 - The Riviera Theatre - Chicago, Illinois, USA [**Venue Change**]

Friday 05 July 2013
    Venue: The Riviera Theatre

The venue for this show has changed to The Riviera Theatre, tickets for Congress Theatre will be honoured, or if you still need tickets, buy here: http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/...cobrand=jamusa

Members Attending:
    • Hazekiah
    • May Gunn
    • ScorchMuffinz
    • Luhx
    • MelwooD

http://chicagoist.com/2013/04/23/con...ther_repri.php

Congress Theater owner Eddie Carranza has nine lives, a genie who granted him three wishes, a lucky rabbit's foot, a backyard full of four-leaf clovers and a horseshoe planted firmly up his ass. That's what we're led to believe after a Cook County Circuit Court judge ruled the beleaguered Logan Square venue will remain open, but at a reduced capacity, while Carranza works to address a list of building code violations that threatened to shut down the theater last week.
    Judge James McGing ruled the Congress may resume ticket sales for events at the venue, but must limit occupancy to 3,000 people while Carranza works to address violations in the Congress' balcony seating, including installing new lighting and a backup generator.
    Carranza earned the reprieve after passing a Monday inspection where some of the most damning violations — including inspecting the theater's fire curtain and getting the Congress' ventilation system up and running — were addressed. City attorney Judy Frydland told DNAInfo Chicago the city has "no basis for closure" with those and other major issues addressed.
    The Sun-Times added the Congress will have two fire guards and one stage fire guard at all shows to ensure safety and coordinate evacuation in the event of an emergency.
    WBEZ's Jim DeRogatis spoke with unnamed owners of other local venues, who expressed frustration regarding Carranza's continued near-misses.
    "I can't understand how [Carranza] has stayed open as long as he has, or why the city lets him continue," said the owner of a venue a quarter of the size of the Congress. "I've been hassled for much, much less, and you can't even complain, because it's about public safety."
    Another promoter questioned why the city was "raising a red flag so late in the game. We all know Eddie is negligent, but what about the city?"
    Added yet another live music insider: "That list of infractions at the Congress scares the s--t out of me."
    Frydland said the city will continue to hound Carranza until all the violations are addressed and another court date has been set for May 9, preceded by another inspection. The venue's capacity will remain capped until McGing says otherwise.

I'll be there even though I hate Congress. I guess I just gotta suck it up because I'm not missing Manson.

I am super excited for this show! I can't wait to just see him without Zombie or Cooper, or anyone else!

The show has been moved to the Riviera Theater, which is awesome news, because the Riviera is a great venue! Can't wait!

Tickets: http://www.jamusa.com/Venues/Riviera...ConcertId=5445

I sooooo wish I was going to this, especially considering the new venue. Thought about going to either this one or the show in Indianapolis, but it just wasn't in the cards. The Riviera is a great fucking venue. I saw Nick Cave there 5 years ago and it was the loudest show I'd ever been to. Have fun everyone!

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Great Big White World was performed tonight, I guess instead of FRH or CW.

Add 0m3ga on Facebook Follow 0m3ga on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Great Big White World was performed tonight, I guess instead of FRH or CW.
    God knows why he can't just do all three.
    all
    my
    stitches
    itch

Such an amazing show. Got treated to GBWW and Little Horn, no New Shit though. Uploading videos now to Youtube, should be up by the morning and I will post here. I also met Fred which was pretty cool, he was a really nice guy.
    Last edited by ScorchMuffinz; 07-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchMuffinz View Post
    Such an amazing show. Got treated to GBWW and Little Horn, no New Shit though. Uploading videos now to Youtube, should be up by the morning and I will post here. I also met Fred which was pretty cool, he was a really nice guy.
    you got robbed.. new shit live is a lot of fun.