Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [165]: Jul 15 2013 - Fillmore - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default [165]: Jul 15 2013 - Fillmore - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

Monday 15 July 2013
    Venue: Fillmore

Tickets on Sale May 03 through Livenation

Members Attending:
    • Hazekiah
    • May Gunn
    • Lillith

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Going.
    Last edited by Lillith; 04-26-2013 at 08:29 PM.
    I gave Marilyn Manson AIDS.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I'd like to but no way with current funds. Oh well, enjoy whomever is going.
    I use words sharp as a sword

This show was fucking great! After a blistering performance of "Angel with the Scabbed Wings," Manson introduced "Disposable Teens" while mentioning that Charlotte, NC was "the home of so many good and bad things"...a subject he later elaborated upon while introducing the homecoming finalé of "The Beautiful People," which Manson reminded us had been written (on meth, w00t) at a Holiday Inn in Charlotte. NC.

I immediately felt bad I'd forgotten that on my way to the show and spent the past day since skimming my portable roadtrip reading companion copy of The Long Hard Road Out of Hell before finally remembering it was mentioned in a video interview instead. First hit on my first search with May Gunn's phone and BAM -- got it.

So THAT was super awesome. Occasionally my memory actually works!

The venue was also pretty intimate and hot but Manson killed it the whole way through. I've been really impressed with his semi-random inclusions of "bitch" and "fuck all the bullshit, this is the new shit" throughout the shows lately, which he keeps effortlessly tossing-off at pretty difficult parts of songs which would leave most people gasping for breath, especially in an oppressively hot venue like The Fillmore, which I've been to three of now seeing Manson, this easily being the smallest. Not even one balcony let alone multiple. So the compressed air and the confetti mixed with the stage fog really whited-out the whole place for almost the whole last couple minutes of the show, lol. No one could see two inches in front of their own faces, leaving the killer lighting guy scrambling to compensate by turning everything up to the max.

Wasted, btw. Crashing hard. Lots more to share later, including cool footage and badass audio! Just noticed no one had updated the thread yet with any of this show's EPICness and had to speak up. And then pass out at a gas station before that evil motherfucker of a sun starts blazing overhead again, ffs. It's SO hot and humid down here it's like being in the pit all day long.

Oh, and HI! to the cool guy who recognized me from the Heirophant, sorry I had to run around so much after the show and didn't catch you again later...hope that flyer got you here safely!

:-*

Hazekiah,

Looking forward to it! Did you happen to make it to the Myrtle Beach gig, and if so, did you record that one as well?

So glad someone has finally commented on this thread! (Yea, I could have done it myself...). This show was epic. Definitely the best I've seen Manson perform in ages. Managed to get right on the rail, which was great since I managed to see through most of the smoke/confetti that obscured the show toward the end. Manson's vocals and energy were just so on. The band sounded great. And I loved the interactions between Manson and Twiggy; probably one of my favorite parts of the show. So hoping that some decent videos/photos turn up soon, although like Haz said, the venue was so small that I doubt anyone was able to get great footage. Shame, too, because this concert was amazing.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Fuck all the Coon/Goon shit!

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I should have went to the show! I could've had fun with protesters that were there.

I can't believe people still do this shit. It's so 90's.
    I use words sharp as a sword

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

It's funny shit! I don't know why they even bother to waste their time preaching that shit, no one's causing a problem to them and non of us need saving.