Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: What's the verdict?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The set list is great as long as they changing it up

5 23.81%
  • The set needs to be longer

15 71.43%
  • It's fine the way it is even if it stays the same

1 4.76%
  • Misc. Just type something in the boxes below

0 0%

Thread: Songs per set

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Default Songs per set

-Poll-
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 06-01-2013 at 08:25 PM. Reason: *As long as they keep changing it up

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

The co-headline sets always seem to be around an hour long, headliner shows should definitely go longer. However many songs they fit in there I guess depends on the selection. We know how many songs they have prepared, it might just take time of getting the show timing down to fit in more, but usually it's on his solo shows that he can stretch it a little more. The new set is 25% switched out, would be cool to see more changes but it's not life or death.

sets tend to be 75 mins. 60 (give or take) is music. The remaining time is for talking to the crowd/water break/bullshitting around

I don't know why 75 mins are the standard. This includes encores btw. Of course we all hear about some iconic bands putting a 2 1/2 show together. I think Paul McCartney does that. I'm really baffled that 75 mins are basically in the contract for tours for damn near all the bands I go and see. And I see a LOT of bands...

When did this get to be the standard? Why is it always 75 mins? Why not choose to play 90 min sets? Of course it gets tiring.... But no one said that they couldn't take a half hour break in between a 2 hour set. Roger Waters does this while performing The Wall. He just plays the first half, takes a 30 min break, and plays the second half. Why not? All these bands could arrange it if they wanted to.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

I prefer an energetic 70-80 minute set over a boring 2 hour set. Manson has never really had long concerts, it's not a new standard. Before Antichrist Superstar, the shows are 60 mins. tops, Dead to the World shows were 50 - 90 minutes, Mechanical Animals 75 - 90 minutes, Rock Is Dead 70 - 90 minutes, Guns, God and Government shows were around 80-100 minutes, Ozzfest around 60 mins., Grotesk Burlesk 70 - 90 minutes, Ozzfest again approx. an hour long, etc. etc.

It's a co-headlining tour so each band gets around an hour, maybe a little more, and that's fine. Would I feel ripped off seeing at least one opening act, then Manson, then Alice Cooper and then Manson joining Alice on stage? HELL NO. They also have to deal with curfews. For whatever reasons concerts need to be over at around 11 - 12 in America, so it's only understandable they can't play forever.

I figure, it can always be longer. Even if he performed every song he ever recorded, I'd want him to do ones that were shelved, too.