Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Only 11 songs For Manson's Masters of Madness sets?

Default Only 11 songs For Manson's Masters of Madness sets?

Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that the set list has changed up a bit and AWTSW is back, however really? 11 songs while Cooper does 17?

Manson goes on first; there are stage equipment changes between Manson & Cooper performances; and curfews to consider in a majority of the venues; regardless of whether or not it's called a "co-headlining" tour, it's not, Cooper is the headliner, same as it was with the Manson/Zombie tour.

Yes, I wish they would just list him as an opening act then, but the promoters know his name is too large for that, so they bump it up to a co-headlining title. 11 Songs is something I can live with, I'm just use to acts that I see live performing upward 15 or so. Also...why would he open for Zombie??? I know this is last years news but isn't Manson a bigger act than Zombie?

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Manson plays 12 songs, and they "might add more". It's co-headlining so they each get an hour, maybe a little more. Also, Manson comes out to perform Eighteen with Alice in the end, so I don't get what's wrong with that.

Manson either let Alice go on last out of respect or simply because he has a more theatric show, same with Zombie. In the end it doesn't really matter, does it?

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Go to a solo show if you want longer setlists. There's not a way to make AC's show end on time if MM takes longer, and MM is already going on in broad daylight recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Go to a solo show if you want longer setlists. There's not a way to make AC's show end on time if MM takes longer, and MM is already going on in broad daylight recently.
    Of course if that was an option financially for me at the time I would have, as is I get to attend this "co-headlining" concert and sit through a set of Alice Cooper's greatest hits of which only 2 I know (Schools out and 18.). I'm just surprised everyone is fine and dandy with these short sets. I know I ,for one, am paying my money to see Manson, Cooper is neither here nor there on my list.

Manson is as much of the main course as Alice is ... they are both given equal prominence on the adverts and they would have more access to the stage, lighting, sound etc. than the support acts, as well as having more space and time to prepare and perform. So, we're getting the full Manson show that's just been cut down in time.

(Alice's set has been cut down too ... the whole section that gives it's name to his 'Raise the Dead' tour has been cut out). And I remember him saying that both him and Manson perform for 70 minutes each. Whether that's turned out to be the case, I don't know, but they are given equal opportunities because ... it's a co-headlining show!

One thing to consider... if both are being given 70 minutes to perform, possibly the songs Manson will play will have longer duration than what Cooper will be playing. So his set list will/may be less, but he would still have his full 70 minutes.
    If God Were Suddenly Condemned To Live The Life Which He Has
    Inflicted Upon Men, He Would Kill Himself.
    Alexandre Dumas Père

The Raise The Dead section and kind of another six or seven songs were cut just for MM, ALice said that wanted Marilyn to cover the hits so the Cooper audience may know him better...So the setlist it's up to MM