Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Line Between The New Shit and The Old Shit

Whenever a musician drops a greatest hits, it usually signifies entering another stage of their career. That's where I'd make the line in the sand. From an artistic standpoint, there was also a overhaul on his approach thematically and in terms of presentation... which is odd considering there hasn't been much change in terms of style musically. Like, it's not as though he decided to turn reggae or anything. For whatever subtle changes it's still the same vibe, the same brand of rock and roll.

On a sidenote, how much of a bummer is it trying to make a greatest hits over the last 10 years compared to the first 10? I mean, you could compile a fucking good ALBUM, but as an overall collection highlighting Manson's work as a relevant body it's incredibly lean.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Shock Hazard View Post
    When did Manson stop being scary? I hear many say he's most scary now...
    Kind of my point. There is no definitive answer because we all came to the music at different points in his career and in our lives. For me the "what the hell is he going to do next?" pretty much ended after the GUns, God and Government tour. GAOG was very slick and elegant, EMDM was pure obsession, and HEOL had some nice self destructive qualities. BV, well, it was enjoyable but the only thing that was remotely disturbing were the videos. Again, personal taste.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."