Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AIDS - Rape - Death - Suicide

I think that being offensive for the sake of being offensive, with no thought behind it, is terribly boring

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    I think that being offensive for the sake of being offensive, with no thought behind it, is terribly boring
    I tend to agree with that. At the same time, and I'm not one to really over examine Manson's words or art/music, is that he was just doing all of this to mock a society that does this on a daily basis. Especially nowadays. Making fun of "perpetual rebellion with absolutely no cause.". What I just said may be complete bullshit, but that's my take on it.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I tend to agree with that. At the same time, and I'm not one to really over examine Manson's words or art/music, is that he was just doing all of this to mock a society that does this on a daily basis. Especially nowadays. Making fun of "perpetual rebellion with absolutely no cause.". What I just said may be complete bullshit, but that's my take on it.
    If you're acting in a particular way to make a statement but you're acting that way always then that way of acting is you wether it's coming from a genuine place or not. Maybe it's a show he puts on for media appearances and he's a very different person in real life, but that possibility shouldn't matter to us who don't know him in person. I like the social critique in his work but I don't care at all for his interviewee persona.
    Last edited by Absolution; 10-05-2017 at 04:24 PM.

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post