Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: At what age does goth stop being cool?

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by yuzukelly View Post
    Hrm, there is a difference between wearing those costumes either in your personal life and at a job. If it's at a job, I agree they should wear more appropriate clothing. but if it's after they're done and some guy wants to put on makeup and a spike collar and walk around, no one is asking you to look at them.
    Most respectable adults wear formal attire when they are "hanging" around their friends in public. Unless it's just being casual and goofy and not really giving a fuck. It's not taking it seriously and absorbing it as a part of who you are. If you are what you wear then there is no substance to you whatsoever. It's just the simple loathing of people who try to look "mysterious" or "scary" by wearing ridiculous clothing and face paint. The most interesting, or even deranged people for that matter, you can imagine are those debonair looking successful types who have bright white teeth, wear suits and ties, and go golfing. Those are the scary ones because they could hide a body in their basement for decades, and decades, and decades, and decades, and decades, and no one would expect it. I am one of those people. Again there are the exceptions of just hanging around the house, or when Halloween rolls around, rock concerts, being an asshole in video chat etc...

The point is. People who give into alternative fashion trends make themselves targets. It's much more mature to present yourself by being astute, affable, and square even if you're not.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 06-29-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Did I just give a serious opinion in another joke thread. Ah well.
    my sig is gone !!

No, it's not a joke thread. Did you notice that others agree and have also given their input on how ridiculous it is?
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 06-29-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Yeah :P but if an adult doesn't go out of their way to hurt other humans, has a job and supports himself and takes care of his responsibilities, those kind of people are more respectable than the ones who just look the part. Like I said, I agree with the looking professional while at work thing, but if one is going to judge others based on how they like to dress in their free time, is there really substance to that person?

There is a stereotype that goes along with how you look... but it really doesn't affect me and there's no point in mocking them if it makes them happy and they're not treating other people like crap.
    my sig is gone !!

Kids

Sometimes you can't throw out the old with the new. Some of us that still do live the 90's, do so because that's how we lived and becomes part of us. What others may think or judge, doesn't matter to us. Why should it? It really all comes down to the personalty of a person, how the person carries themself. Sure there's people out there that "look the part" just for attention, they're easy to notice, but easily ignored.

Your mentality is what defines you, not what you put on your skin.

Did I just give a serious opinion in another joke thread. Ah well.
    Yep.
    Last edited by Mugwump; 06-29-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Thought mugwump was gay? I must be wrong though because I think him and Yuzu want to bang.

Anyway, it's not a joke thread and was being taken seriously until both of you ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangs View Post
    you can imagine are those debonair looking successful types who have bright white teeth, wear suits and ties, and go golfing. Those are the scary ones because they could hide a body in their basement for decades, and decades, and decades, and decades, and decades, and no one would expect it. I am one of those people.
    Very serious.
    my sig is gone !!

Very serious.
    *Correction

No, I was being serious with that statement. Of course I added that "I am one of those people" in there for the lulz. But some of the most monstrous, sadistic, and generally fucked up overall people that have existed, (in American culture for example), were well dressed, non suspect very successful people. And if they weren't successful they were "good guys" who no one would ever have thought to have been that way.