Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: At what age does goth stop being cool?

Quote Originally Posted by stagesofcoma View Post
    I've found my parents right about many things over the years as well, just not that. I'm 31. Perhaps I had a different set of grievances as a teen than most. Many are still the same, really. I still rally against censorship, still believe the system is broken, still rebel against oppression, etc. In many ways, I'm still an angsty teen- I just don't do anything about it, to speak of, anymore.
    Well, that's not teenage angst in my eyes, that is a true desire of seeing change and build a better world; and the day we lose that fuel and fury, we will be utterly lost.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Baby View Post

What does admittedly annoy me though is when a person (often in their mid 20s/early 30s) suddenly 'grows up' and loses all sense of style and starts dressing in the most boring bland crap they can find. And they think everyone else who doesn't suddenly decide to dress like them is deluding themselves and clinging to their youth, or they haven't matured. But then I think those people were probably the fad followers in their teen years that never developed their own sense of style in the first place so it's just natural progression - now I'm a grown up with responsibilities and shit so I'd better dress how I think a grown up should.

Agreed!

There's nothing wrong with dressing however you want at any age as long as you like it. If it's cliche Hot Topic goth or your typical metalhead or punk look or the good old classic goth look or something eccentric/unique or boring/plain/causal or a hybrid of whatever styles you like. As long as you don't put on a leather spiked jacket and think/claim you're doing something new and rebellious or pull a Chris Brown/Rihanna/Kayne West, it shouldn't be an issue.

I find it funny when certain people from different "scenes" talk shit - like for example metal heads dressed in your basic leather biker jacket (that became trendy now thanks to fake styles from people like Rihanna and Kayne West) jeans and some metal band t-shirt talking smack about other styles while they themselves are conforming to a style.
    Last edited by Dronepool; 07-01-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangs View Post
    When does it become ridiculous?
    Your topic is ridiculous!

I would have respected you more if this was a topic about old people and their sex life :-)

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Just to prevent misunderstandings, I sure hope old people still have a sex life hehe, I mean, why the hell not?! - What does age has to do with anything if you are happy and healthy?!

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Great, now we'll have a Shangs-authored thread about old people fucking. I'm sure it's going to be a hoot.

*secretly looking forward to it*
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

I still like put on my vampire cape I've had since 1st grade Halloween but other than that nothing too crazy.

[QUOTE=Shangs; The most interesting, or even deranged people for that matter, you can imagine are those debonair looking successful types who have bright white teeth, wear suits and ties, and go golfing.

Charles Manson

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Marian View Post
    Your topic is ridiculous!

I would have respected you more if this was a topic about old people and their sex life :-)
    Ask and ye shall receive. Also, my topic isn't ridiculous. Stop being so said. Get your kid arms up in the fuckin air. :)
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 07-02-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Never had the luxury of dressing the way I felt, or thought when I was *ack* younger. The nicest compliment this Mr. Everyshmuck ever had was a friend that said my brains were spiked. Still are. Clothes, eh, they're comfortable or they're not. Period.

It becomes uncool as soon as you label yourself as being 'goth', regardless of age.

However, being yourself never stops being 'cool'. But people who are trying to be cool and people who are trying not to be uncool, are in fact, uncool.
    Last edited by SangreV; 09-14-2013 at 10:40 PM.