Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: At what age does goth stop being cool?

I don't think goth was ever meant to be "cool". A subject deemed "cool" is something that group of people would agree upon the object being extraordinary. If you are cool enough, you can be accepted into a group. That goes against what goth stands for, in my opinion. Goth was about trying to not fit in, as it is counter-culture, an expression. It was never supposed to be cool. As one grows older, one may change their attire to a more appropriate presentation for their age; I cannot imagine a 60 year old in candy leggings and synthetic hair extensions, but that doesn't mean she can't still be goth and dress the part.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

When Your 65 & applying at the Social Security office ? ? ? ? ? Or , If You was never "goth" .. ... that would be a kool day to start.
    . . the fear takes hold

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

LMAO @ EGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    My "Imagine Nation" is running wild right now

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Two Faced Egg (23) View Post
    When Your 65 & applying at the Social Security office ? ? ? ? ? Or , If You was never "goth" .. ... that would be a kool day to start.
    I'm fucking crying. I love you Egg.

8. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I have never dressed in a goth fashion, but I am naturally goth on the inside and people often comment to me on it. I think that it will look better with age, if you are truly a goth in heart and soul, than clothing, but clothing also does not make us who we are, so wear what you like as long as your heart is beating.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

And some people wonder why they can't get good jobs and have STD's. Jfc...lol
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Ghetto Space Drac's Ghost Smoking Mirrors's Avatar

I don't think it's about age as much as it is about the expression evolving as one ages. For instance - can you imagine a 23 year old showing up to a party or workplace dressed as they would have at age 12? Absolutely not; it'd be ridiculous. Perhaps they retain aspects of their style, such as bright colors, dark colors, florals, stripes, lots of rings or bracelets, etc., but there's a maturing and upgrading that occurs naturally. I think the same must apply to dressing gothically. I don't dress in a gothic style, at least not what is generally considered to be "goth", but I do have an appreciation for the aesthetic and individuality of it when done right. If a 30 year old is still wearing the dollar store messy black lipstick, poorly fitting black jeans, overstated 90's platform boots, black + unusually-dyed (purple, green, you know what I'm talking about) hair, etc, it seems a bit infantile and unprogressed to me. But if someone upgrades and creates a look more classy, age-appropriate, well-thought-out, etc., then I think it looks great and is good to be especially unique in that aspect. Just a matter of microevolution.
    Last edited by Smoking Mirrors; 01-11-2016 at 03:33 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

For most, 18. For me, 14. lol. I think it is lame now, like "Oooo look at me, i hate life, myself, my parents, and everything else. I am mad. I am dark and i have something more intelligent within me, i swear, so i wear black and makeup to let others know." Like they're trying to get attention. I was the same way.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    For most, 18. For me, 14. lol. I think it is lame now, like "Oooo look at me, i hate life, myself, my parents, and everything else. I am mad. I am dark and i have something more intelligent within me, i swear, so i wear black and makeup to let others know." Like they're trying to get attention. I was the same way.
    Yeah, but I miss the days of actual cool, sympathetic preppy hot chicks mercy fucking you. Well, not "you" - lol- But I think you get where I'm going with that. But at the same time now, having what's growing into somewhat of a warlocks beard along with long healthy, somewhat greying hair will still get you nailed by hot women.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post