Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Underrated's Understated

Posthuman
    Fundementally Loathesome
    Evidence
    Use Your Fist Not Your Mouth
    The Red Carpet Grave

Quote Originally Posted by Over neath Man View Post
    I for one love Unkillable Monster and could never quite comprehend the backlash - especially surrounding the lyrics "I'm a tightrope walker , I can't find my circus... Etc,etc." which I always assumed was a direct reference to the Chaplin film 'Circus'.

I love so many songs from HEoL, but that song in particular seems terribly underrated.
    I agree with your first part, that song gets a unwarranted bashing every time THEOL comes up but I don't think it's underrated, it's just kind of there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dronepool View Post
    *Deformography is one of my favorite songs on ACSS.

Choklit Factory
    Down In The Park
    Deformography
    Mister Superstar
    The Suck For Your Solution
    Diamonds & Pollen
    The KKK Took My Baby Away
    EAT ME, DRINK ME
    I Want to Kill You Like They Do In The Movies.
    High five for the shout out to "KKK Took My Baby Away". Far and away one of my favorite Manson covers, and I think their most creative.

I often feel like the album title tracks aren't as appreciated as they should be, every title track that has been released so far has been incredibly strong and they all sum up the themes and sound of their respective albums really well.

This is also the reason why Portrait and HEOL sucks, no title tracks >: ))

Down in the park.
    Underrated, and amazing, my favourite b side after apple of Sodom (live version)

Add 0m3ga on Facebook Follow 0m3ga on Tumblr

I'm wasted as fuck right now with the girlfriend and just listened to The Gardener. That fucking break followed by that drum fill is so fucking good. Everyone go listen to it now and rock the fuck out. peace
    all
    my
    stitches
    itch

Quote Originally Posted by lamb_of_gods View Post
    Down in the park.
    Underrated, and amazing, my favourite b side after apple of Sodom (live version)
    +1 to you. I just listened to it again after a long time of absence, and it struck me with the same fierce it did the first time I listened to it, back in 1997. Totally agreed with this cover's mention.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    +1 to you. I just listened to it again after a long time of absence, and it struck me with the same fierce it did the first time I listened to it, back in 1997. Totally agreed with this cover's mention.
    I also will echo this post.

The creepiness factor is all there. Makes the song's subject matter/lyrics that much better.
    I use words sharp as a sword

I don't think any of the songs on Mechanical Animals are underrated. That album did fairly well, and it was strong and cohesive all the way through. I think Smells Like Children as an album is very underrated though, if you listen to it while on drugs it will become one of the best albums you own. And I think a lot of early MM songs that were never released, or were rearranged for ACSS are superior to the album versions, they were probably just not commercial enough for the band's superstar aspirations but the actual music they did is some of the best ever as far as alternative rock. Suicide Snowman and Smells Like Children are two of the strongest and most original sounding MM songs I've heard.

Add 0m3ga on Facebook Follow 0m3ga on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by OrganGrinder89 View Post
    I don't think any of the songs on Mechanical Animals are underrated. That album did fairly well, and it was strong and cohesive all the way through. I think Smells Like Children as an album is very underrated though, if you listen to it while on drugs it will become one of the best albums you own. And I think a lot of early MM songs that were never released, or were rearranged for ACSS are superior to the album versions, they were probably just not commercial enough for the band's superstar aspirations but the actual music they did is some of the best ever as far as alternative rock. Suicide Snowman and Smells Like Children are two of the strongest and most original sounding MM songs I've heard.
    I listened to SLC on acid and I had the worst time of my life
    all
    my
    stitches
    itch

To me SLC is a trip on it's own, no need to add drugs but i understand where you are coming from.