Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Born Villain Visual Parallels

Vodka. Grey Goose. Cold. petticoat's Avatar

Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. --William Blake

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but I just saw this from the guitarist from Hanzel und Gretyl:

My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Still from David Bowie's 1976 music video, "Wild is the Wind", shot appears frequently throughout.

Inside cover photo from "Born Villain".

Noticed the resemblance last night and thought it was too similar not to mention, look at the shadows and arrangement of the face on the left of the photo.
    Last edited by kk_15; 07-14-2014 at 10:50 AM.

6. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

I watched the 1991 movie 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' last night for the first time and already began to notice some potential visual parallels between three different scenes in the movie and some MM photographs and lyrics circa the Born Villain era.

First up, a shot of main character Sarah Connor wearing sunglasses in the desert, I researched these to find that they were made by Matsuda Eyewear, "the legendary, luxury, Japanese eyewear company".

After seeing this, I immediately recognized it with this very recent shot of MM with Die Antwoord.

Perhaps the most interesting parallel to me that I found was this, an engraving made into a wooden table, produced by Sarah Connor in the above mentioned desert scene.

Compare this to the opening lyrics from 'Hey, Cruel World...' and the result is something to be thought about!
    I bring this one to attention as MM has admitted himself in previous interviews that during the recording of 'Born Villain' he used his films as inspiration, however I cannot directly prove this as a parallel because we also know that he wrote some lyrics on the road during the THEOL tour (although this was heavily influenced by film itself).

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe a weak link but I thought it had potential nonetheless, a shot again of the character behind a chain-link fence.

Then, a photograph of MM behind a glass window with a similar chain-link inner circa 2012.

Last edited by kk_15; 08-11-2014 at 11:25 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

So who's ripping off whom here?

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

God dammit De-jango!

The D's silent bitch!
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

He's ripping off Django? He says why can't I be a black fugitive with cool round shades too? I've got the attitude, just need the shades.

Front cover artwork for The Cure's eleventh album 'Bloodflowers', 2000.

Promotional photograph used on various tour flyers and posters, credit to Lindsay Usich, 2012.

What I found similar were both the facial expressions/pose and colouring effects (I believe the latter photo has been 'posterized').

Thank you for viewing during this time of commotion associated with Manson's latest news. I however am stuck in the past.
    Last edited by kk_15; 11-10-2014 at 03:56 PM.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

First time I ever saw the flip-up sunglasses popularized was in the late 80's / early 90's. Kadeem Hardison as 'Dwayne Wayne' in A Different World...

Soooo, they'll always be Dwayne Wayne glasses to me, damn it!