Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EAT ME, DRINK ME ∑ Visual Parallels

That's a great find, Norsefire.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Always a match with Lolitas.
    I use words sharp as a sword

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Sixx. View Post
    Always a match with Lolitas.
    Everyone loves Lolitas ;D

There's been a good series on BBC UK TV on Matisse, Warhol and Picasso (Dali next week) .. half way through the picasso program they mention a sailor top he started wearing. This was after he became famous and something which Warhol adopted soon after to put him in-line with the look of an artist.

This reminded me of the top Manson wore for 'Are you the rabbit' performance at hurricane 2007 (and probably at other gigs but certainly not all of them). It isn't something Manson would normally wear so it easily stuck out in my mind and it had somehow always looked familiar..now I can see why.

Something I pasted together to illustrate:

----------------

Studying drama in the first year, there was brief talk of the theatre of the absurd and Beckett's 'Not I' was briefly mentioned. Immediate thoughts of You and Me And the Devil Makes Three came up ..

However it nearly falls apart when seeing it on video in that you can see the movements are not similar... but the overall look is:

Have mostly heard the performance of Devil Makes 3 in relation to Rocky Horror, and that's probably more accurate - given the recent MansonWiki interview with Tony Silvia who mentions recording it and mentioning it to be like Wonderlands' Cheshire cat and Rocky Horror - no mention of 'Not I' ... so whilst maybe unintentional it's a nice link anyway given that Manson's performances are rather absurd anyway.
    Last edited by timoldbean; 05-19-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: youtube vid...grammer

Quote Originally Posted by timoldbean View Post
    This reminded me of the top Manson wore for 'Are you the rabbit' performance at hurricane 2007 (and probably at other gigs but certainly not all of them).
    He wore that shirt for pretty much every encore on the European Festival leg of the Rape of The World Tour. (This includes The Love Song, The Nobodies, Are You The Rabbit?, and Eat Me, Drink Me.) Usually, the shirt was worn in a combonation of him standing on the giant chair, with the exception of Eat Me, Drink Me.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Cool post Tim. I thought that video was really cool.

Thanks Zsa Zsa and Norse. That vid can be pretty hypnotic after a while.

I've always thought 'She Wants Revenge's self titled album and 'Eat Me, Drink Me' shared some visual similarities, particularly in the album booklet. Like 'Eat Me, Drink Me', the butcher's knife is a reoccurring prop assisting with the imagery.

The girl 'Dressed in White' is also a reoccurring character in both these albums, as seen in the pictures below;

I also thought the promotional photographs for these two albums had a similar feel to them,
    with the historical settings, the way they're dressed and the overall dark tone they have.

ars longa | vita brevis Cerebrot's Avatar

Hmmm I think that might be a stretch. ^ But you never know.
    c e r e b r o t

I didn't say either of them could've been inspired by another, but just that I was reminded of EM, DM because of a couple of similarities.