Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death) · Visual Parallels

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    In an example of Life Imitating Art, I always found stark comparison between this unused Holy Wood promotional image of Twiggy 'The Wizard'
    Where is that one coming from? I have never seen it before. Is it a fact that this is an unused Holy Wood promotional image? Do you have any more info on it?
    Last edited by Dorothy; 01-12-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    Where is that one coming from? I have never seen it before. Is it a fact that this is an unused Holy Wood promotional image? Do you have any more info on it?
    I've had a copy of it for years, just collected together with other Manson files, but it's also been in our gallery for several years as well. Here's the full-size version:-

I am sure I recall chatting with a fan years ago who mentioned it being from unused Holy Wood sessions, but we're talking a decade ago, I couldn't confirm or deny that, I'm also not sure who the photograph is by, sadly. Naturally if it were revealed as post-Holy Wood, I'd be inclined to attribute influence to the Abu Ghraib shot, but at present, I will go with it being a Holy Wood image, Twiggy's clothing and footwear under the hood are similar to things he wore at the time.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

I see, thank you.

It's most definitely a Holy Wood promotional picture. MMUSA had it under that section of era-specific photos ages ago.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.