Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Visual Parallels [various]

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Default Visual Parallels [various]

Here are some more images and comparisons from posts originally submitted at The Heirophant. Again, apologies to anyone familiar with these, I just don't want this material to go to waste.

Divided by the years

Bill Hicks, from his London show Revelations, and Marilyn Manson in the video for Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin'-Geddon

Catherine Deneuve as vampire Miriam Blaylock in The Hunger (featuring David Bowie), and Evan Rachel Wood, circa 2007.

Marilyn Manson and Alejandro Jodorowsky in El Topo
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

That thing with the cage in HW is a good find. I'd seen the band pic but had never picked up on the one of Twiggy before, despite the countless times i've seen the pic

Stupid Teenage Girl

Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp112/providermodule/Analysis/Rabbit.jpg
    I noticed this picture quite a few times over at the Heirophant...but I never really understood where it came from. Does it have something to do with Phantasmagoria...?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Hate Sells
    I noticed this picture quite a few times over at the Heirophant...but I never really understood where it came from. Does it have something to do with Phantasmagoria...?
    Yes, it was part of two images that were part of flash on the official site at one point. My memory is hazy, so it may or may not have been after the Celebritarian seizure, but it was there with a picture of the 'Tweedle' girls.
    the LORD god had made
    "

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by S.D.
    Yes, it was part of two images that were part of flash on the official site at one point. My memory is hazy, so it may or may not have been after the Celebritarian seizure, but it was there with a picture of the 'Tweedle' girls.
    I guess it was sort of in between it all.
    Marilynmanson.com got seized by the Celebritarian Corporation, then a phantasmagoria update happened. First off it was just the 'Tweedle' girls, and then shortly after they edited it and this image of the rabbit would pop up after a few seconds.
    Then the Celebritarian splash pages went up with the spinning daggers etc.

Stupid Teenage Girl

Thank you S.D. and Norsefire...but I still only vaguely remember this. I don't remember the Tweedle Girls, either... Does anyone happen to have some screencaps?

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Thank you S.D. and Norsefire...but I still only vaguely remember this. I don't remember the Tweedle Girls, either... Does anyone happen to have some screencaps?
    I'm sorry, this the best I have.

the LORD god had made
    "

Silent Catalyst

The demon named "Buer"

The movie poster for "Kabaret"

The Lest we Forget CD

And possibly....?

Edit: Oh, almost forgot --

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I'm glad someone picked up on those links, I wanted to write something up on the connection with Pretty As A Swastika, but I'm glad someone got there. I presume the Cabaret poster you've tried to link is this one:-

the LORD god had made
    "

Stupid Teenage Girl

I noticed the swastika thing right away, but never really bothered to say anything...it's cool that you noticed the Goon Moon/LWF parrallels as well, Anima XI. :) BTW, I really like your username...it's interesting. Does it have anything to do with Carl Jung's theory of archetypes...?

Also, thank you for posting those pictures, S.D. and Oedepus...those are great! :) They look kind of familiar, but that was a while ago... In the third one that you posted, Oedepus; although it seems fairly obvious, I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out before, but the two girls (their shoes and socks mainly, but also the fact that they are so young) seem like classic representations of Lolita...(which points towards the fact that Manson met Evan earlier than he let on, but I don't want to get into that.) In the other pictures, the dolls/girls with masks (I'm not sure which) remind me of the Tourniquet video.

Furthermore (and I know this is a bit of a stretch, but...) the regular swastika obviously has four "legs", while the Lest We Forget cover has five, and the Licker's Last Leg cover only has three.

http://www.nachtkabarett.com/ihvh/img/lestweforget.jpg
    http://musicremedy.com/webfiles/artists ... 01-big.jpg

3x5=15...is it possible that Twiggy did this intentionally as a nod to Manson...?