Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Antichrist Superstar ∑ Visual Parallels

Und im Tode tršumen wir Komakino's Avatar

Default Antichrist Superstar ∑ Visual Parallels

Marilyn Manson vs. Rosa Crvx

Just noticed this, I guess it's been pointed out before, but not here, so I'll just post it:

Maynard from Tool in the "Undertow" booklet-artwork // Marilyn Manson in the "The Beautiful People" music video

Default Re: Visual Parallels

Quote Originally Posted by Ich_Bin_Du
    Just noticed this, I guess it's been pointed out before, but not here, so I'll just post it:

Maynard from Tool in the "Undertow" booklet-artwork // Marilyn Manson in the "The Beautiful People" music video

Yes, I had always been aware of these similarities. I think Marilyn Manson really looks up to Tool and is inspired by them, but I have never actually come across any instance where they mention each other. Here are two other Tool/Manson similarities.

Compare the recently released 'Apple Of Sodom' video:
    [youtube:hkwmp63y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlMnaxdn4AA[/youtube:hkwmp63y]

to 'Stinkfist':
    [youtube:hkwmp63y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07pLGIgyfjw[/youtube:hkwmp63y]
    and 'Schism':
    [youtube:hkwmp63y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjG47gtMCo[/youtube:hkwmp63y]

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Default Re: Visual Parallels

^ Yes, my first thought when I watched "Apple of Sodom" was "Stinkfist!". :P

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

It surprises me that the influence of Ministry on Marilyn Manson isn't discussed more often, there's plenty of common ground between the two I think, not only some of their musical similarities, but aesthetics in places as well.
    The cover for Psalm 69 [1992] always reminded me of the booklet art for Antichrist Superstar.

"the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

^ Nice.

And this is admittedly a big stretch, but the use of clocks reminds me of some of the Alice In Wonderland imagery from Eat Me, Drink Me.

Seems the angel is falling down a rabbit hole.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedGod View Post
    And this is admittedly a big stretch, but the use of clocks reminds me of some of the Alice In Wonderland imagery from Eat Me, Drink Me.
    Whether a stretch or not, parts of the EAT ME, DRINK ME Kurt Dommermuth version of MarilynManson.com had some imagery that was similar to parts of the Psalm 69 cover, mostly the clock and the eyes in the beehive:-

Even if unplanned, it's still cool to see things like that, there's a few more on the cover like the dice, which Manson has as a tattoo, and the razor blade. I know it's a common image, but it became more "Manson-esque" when seen on his shirt all the time or in the Running To The Edge Of The World video.
    The clock on the Psalm 69 disc also reminds me of the speedometer at 6:19 in the EAT ME, DRINK ME disc tray.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

ars longa | vita brevis Cerebrot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Whether a stretch or not, parts of the EAT ME, DRINK ME Kurt Dommermuth version of MarilynManson.com had some imagery that was similar to parts of the Psalm 69 cover, mostly the clock and the eyes in the beehive:-

I can't wait for his reaction to this question that I asked him haha. He thought I was talking about the actual bible lolz. Ill let ya know!
    c e r e b r o t

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, I check a fair bit back and couldn't find anything, but I may have missed it.

ANWAY, found some interesting parallels between Tom Waits imagery and Marilyn Manson's:

From the 'I don't wanna grow up' video.

The Beautiful People:

And:

I've actually noticed many of these aesthetic/visual parallels, I'll dig some more up soon.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

Follow kalim123 On Twitter Follow kalim123 on Tumblr

3 people that are inspirations to the band with shaven fore-head's ( Alejandro Jodorowsky, Charles Manson & Drag Queen Divine in the film Pink Flamingos) Who else shaved their fore-head?

I got this from the Nachtkabarrett, heres the link to the page: pagehttp://www.nachtkabarett.com/twiggyramirez
    There's loads more on there.
    Last edited by kalim123; 08-07-2012 at 05:45 AM.