Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Went Wrong?

Default What Went Wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sJUFiVGuDgI was bored today and decided to look back at old videos and the 2008 tour when twiggy came back to bass was amazing. 19 songs. Energy. A good setlist.
    Im wondering what went wrong. 2009 only a year later and they are playing 14 songs with smaller crowds? And practically no stage show. What went wrong? Watching the 2009 rock am ring performance makes me mad. They played sweet dreams and skipped the solo. WOW sounded like complete shit live. Armageddon was even shittier. I wish that tour never happened.
    Last edited by Indeed; 08-04-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indeed View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sJUFiVGuDgI was bored today and decided to look back at old videos and the 2008 tour when twiggy came back to bass was amazing. 19 songs. Energy. A good setlist.
    Im wondering what went wrong. 2009 only a year later and they are playing 14 songs with smaller crowds? And practically no stage show. What went wrong? Watching the 2009 rock am ring performance makes me mad. They played sweet dreams and skipped the solo. WOW sounded like complete shit live. Armageddon was even shittier. I wish that tour never happened.
    I agree. Everyone says accept it, he usually plays short sets, BUT:

A lot of the DTTW shows were 16-18+ songs (not towards the end, though. I guess they got tired.)
    MA/RIS shows were 15+17 songs (at least the shows I have.)
    GGG shows sometimes went over 19-20 songs!
    LWF was 19 songs.

And as mentioned above, when Twiggy returned it was around 19 songs. 13 songs is WAY too short for $50 a ticket, especially when some shows on this past summer tour were even more! Of course I went, but still. And when Twiggy came back, everything in the setlist wasn't an overplayed single. Thank God he's been switching it up now, but why he doesn't still play "The Reflecting God" is beyond me. I think that's the strongest opener, ever.
    Last edited by MechanicalAnimal; 08-04-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    2001-07-11 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Guns, God, & Government"/"Ozzfest 2001"]
    2004-12-03 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Against All Gods"]
    2013-07-14 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Hey, Cruel World..."/Summer 2013]

I think of it as Twiggy lit a fire under his ass to start putting more effort into the performances.

The Hey, Cruel World tour was a giant step up from the 2009 tour performance-wise, but it still couldn't touch seeing a show in 2008. I still believe that somehow 1999/2000 Manson somehow time traveled and did those shows. Vocally, it just doesn't make sense how he could go from mediocre (2007) to amazing (2008) to mediocre (2009) within such a short period. The 2013 shows I went to, however, were some of the best he could have sounded post-2009. It's just too bad that 2000 Manson didn't time travel again.

Hmmm..... Maybe whiskey and speed (or coke) vs Absinthe and weed?
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

I was about to say, maybe it's more a matter of substance abuse as opposed to skill or effort.
    2001-07-11 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Guns, God, & Government"/"Ozzfest 2001"]
    2004-12-03 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Against All Gods"]
    2013-07-14 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Hey, Cruel World..."/Summer 2013]

Add 0m3ga on Facebook Follow 0m3ga on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalAnimal View Post
    I agree. Everyone says accept it, he usually plays short sets, BUT:

A lot of the DTTW shows were 16-18+ songs (not towards the end, though. I guess they got tired.)
    MA/RIS shows were 15+17 songs (at least the shows I have.)
    GGG shows sometimes went over 19-20 songs!
    LWF was 19 songs.

And as mentioned above, when Twiggy returned it was around 19 songs. 13 songs is WAY too short for $50 a ticket, especially when some shows on this past summer tour were even more! Of course I went, but still. And when Twiggy came back, everything in the setlist wasn't an overplayed single. Thank God he's been switching it up now, but why he doesn't still play "The Reflecting God" is beyond me. I think that's the strongest opener, ever.
    I'm blown away by his voice in that show - it doesn't even make sense.
    all
    my
    stitches
    itch

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Majority of touring has been on co-headlining runs, but from all aspects these shows have been way better than any I saw during EMDM-THEOL. I do think it's interesting that people who've been seeing MM live for years and have gone to these shows have called it one of the best tours since Holywood. It's not always about the paper statistics of a show, but the energy of the show when you get there. I've seen horribly boring shows where bands play for 2hours, and I've also seen 30min sets that blew my mind.

Follow Charles2012 On Twitter Visit Charles2012's Instagram Channel

Label.

Labels cover money for stage production, over curfew sets and bigger venues. Joining Cooking Vinyl means the band had to rebuild a band budget and work their way back up. When down for Australia, Manson demanded small venues with barriers brought up close to increase intimacy, in my honest opinion that is far better than bigger shows.
    Instagram: @charliecheesman_

Quote Originally Posted by Charles2012 View Post
    Label.

Labels cover money for stage production, over curfew sets and bigger venues. Joining Cooking Vinyl means the band had to rebuild a band budget and work their way back up. When down for Australia, Manson demanded small venues with barriers brought up close to increase intimacy, in my honest opinion that is far better than bigger shows.
    There's someone making sense. Man the lifeboats.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Drinking. Being disenamored by two women that he surgically stitched his heart to within a short period of time. Not knowing what direction his career was going in. The fact that yes, Manson is getting a bit older. Putting on a strong performance every night requires that you have the mental and physical aptitude to come through solid. Manson is a very moody person. He's a very inconsistent person. Those are not put downs, that is just what we know about him. It's hit or miss. It always has been. As for the number of songs that he plays on a co-headlining tour, I am not buying the whole "time restriction" justification. Manson plays 11 songs, cooper plays almost 20. I think one show Coop played 22 songs? When you're an artist of 25 years with the discography that Manson has, there is no excuse to play only 11 songs, mostly the greatest hits, and also with no respect for the audience. But hey "It's Manson", he can do whatever he wants because "He's Manson". No, that shit doesn't fly. People travel and pay a lot of money to see a show. They don't go to a show in hopes that maybe he actually feels like performing based on how he is feeling. Now, I can say that the last 6 months of this tour were great. He seemed to have a fire that was missing for a long time and he was having fun with the songs. You have to also remember that playing the same fucking songs for as long as he has can make a person become jaded. Again, it's never going to change. There IS NOT REAL TIME TRAVEL and we're not going to re-live the good ol days. Go to the shows for your own reasons. Go to have fun. Go to meet people. Go to just say you went to another MM concert.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM