Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Talking Dead Features Marilyn Manson

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

That's when I have to say WOW
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

As a huge Manson fan I am trying not to be biased, but I really didn't see the problem in anything he said. I taped the episode on my dvr and missed most of it on the night it aired because I was too busy trying to call in with a question, but after having just watched it again, I just didn't see the problem. I think Chris Hardwick was being rude for no reason. Manson made some very great points and observations. For some reason, it seemed like it was over everyone's head. And I'm not just saying this to try and lick Manson's balls. I really didn't see the big deal. Maybe I'm so used to Manson and his interviews that it seems normal to me but to the rest of the world it's strange? It seems like no one actually really paid attention and listened to what he said. Very peculiar. He added a level of intellect to the show trying to delve into morality, sociology, etc... What is the problem with that? Was everyone a fucking moron and couldn't keep up?

I'm a big fan of TJ (amazing atheist) but I don't agree with him, or the legions of Walking Dead fans that feel it was a 'horrendous' interview. What was the fucking problem? I think Manson seemed very coherent and made some very educated observations. Actually, it was probably the best insight in recent years into how intelligent Manson really is. It was a great window into his mind and how he see's an equation and how his mind breaks it down. I found it fascinating. He could have perhaps spoke a bit faster and/or more articulately, but then again, he had the best and most deep points to make anyway which took some time to think out thoroughly I'm sure. No one else said anything of real value. I have nothing against Jack Osbourne. He seems like a cool dude and he was funny, but didn't seem to add much. And who cares about the producer of the show?

The host was a piece of shit, always triyng to make fun of mansons statements, when manson was fucking around with the ideia of the john deere tractor. the host said something like, what about throwing pies, manson wouldnīt be a better ideia? And earlier said something like. dont bring shame to manson.
    I donīt know, but the host seemed pretty mindset about manson and i donīt know why.
    Quote from the shity interviewer " first lucid argument" , like WTF? "thats nothing like that" when manson manson made an analogy between zombies and the indians in the setlement period, in the sense the colonists where basicly starting a new civiliization. I mean i guess the interviewer had some issues, i donīt know.
    Last edited by hjms; 10-29-2013 at 09:01 AM. Reason: spelling

*Makes noise. He was giving entertaining answers, but I wouldn't call them "deep and insightful" in the context most of you are saying. Think real hard and you'll know why the interview went that way. There's lots of pretty pretty ones...

That's all it was, really.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Yeah i donīt know what it was, if drugs or alcohol but he was on something.

Activiaaaaa
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

The face he made when Chris made that smart ass comment in the middle...like he was going to stab him <3 was f'n amazing hahah

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I don't know a lot of what People-On-The-Internet have said in response to this appearance, but it's not really important. I watched it and it was just (excuse the indirect pun) talking head TV, there's shit like this on every week for something-or-other. I don't know who Chris Hardwick is, but he seemed like exactly what you'd expect in a host for this sort of show. Was he undercutting Manson? Maybe, but it still doesn't really matter. I think Marilyn Manson is long enough in the tooth that he can handle it. Fans sometimes forget this guy's been toe-to-toe with Bill O'Reilly, featured on Politically Incorrect, argued his corner against The Bible, defended himself against the Columbine backlash, and walked away more-or-less unscathed from countless lawsuits - some mussed-up little goon on a panel show about an actual TV show is hardly going to knock him down a peg.

Anyway, the appearance was mostly fun, and had a good mixture of guests. Yes, the pacing didn't always suit Manson's approach to interviews, but nevermind, he was still fun to watch. I like that he's not going to piss about trying to blend in, fuck modern formatting, it's all about blowing smoke up each other's asses anyway.
    There was some nice insight into The Walking Dead as well, especially when Manson started discussing the show's morality, and the symbolism of Rick's hat and current role as a provider for the prison. It was mildly annoying when Hardwick tried to argue against Manson's description of Rick as a farmer, I mean the whole point of The Walking Dead is to explore how people's roles in life change following the outbreak. In fact, much of the first and third series are specifically about Rick coming to terms with not being the only rule-maker anymore. If he's a man of the land now, then screw Hardwick trying to suggest otherwise, someone who grows crops and rears livestock is a fucking farmer.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

Us as Manson fans know everything that has been said in his defense is true. However, to someone who has never watched a Marilyn Manson interview or believe he has a massive drug/drinking problem, it's not hard to understand why the majority of viewers thought he was either socially retarded or was under the influence.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by Shangs View Post
    Us as Manson fans know everything that has been said in his defense is true. However, to someone who has never watched a Marilyn Manson interview or believe he has a massive drug/drinking problem, it's not hard to understand why the majority of viewers thought he was either socially retarded or was under the influence.
    I'm not saying substance abuse isn't a main contributor to the way Manson came off here. But I also think he specifically goes wrong where he tries to be spontaneously funny in front of a live audience. He's not a funny guy in the way that a television audience can appreciate. Like just set up the premise that Carol looks like Jamie Lee Curtis BEFORE you randomly scream out "Activia!" while no one knows what you are talking about! I bet he would have gotten a laugh.
    Last edited by Learning2FakeIt; 10-30-2013 at 08:01 AM.