Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Vote for Manson in Loudwire's Greatest Metal Frontman poll!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonestripper View Post
    awwwwww
    yeahh
    i kinda figured
    dio would
    win
    the moment i saw

he's a rock legend

plus he's dead
    so

you guys are awesome fans though
    you all worked hard and
    that is just so cool
    glad i could
    be part
    of
    it

terrapin is right
    it is a popularity contest
    and has nothing to do
    with art
    and we shouldn't worry
    about
    it

it's just for fun =)
    entertainment

woulda been cool if marilyn won though, huh!!

hm interesting
    Yes, its a popularity contest, no one questioned that or even sugested it would have anything to do with art itself. Terrapin was right about that and I told him so. For me, this was just mostly a way to have some fun and show appreciation for one of my artistic inspirations, so it was cool all the time. It would be cooler if Manson had won, but was still cool because we interacted, talked about Manson and had a good time working as a team. In a way, this is what a community of fans or anything else represents: a group of people that share similar interests and just interact and do things together. I was happy to see the some hard work being done and thank to all the people that contributed (you know who you are), reminded me old times when things just happened differently and devotion could do unimaginable things.

It was a shame that Manson didn't win though. I respect Dios legacy, but think Manson was still a better frontman, considering all the aspects that have to be taken into consideration. Its inevitable that you climb degrees in the legendary stair just because you're dead though, even if in reality you aren't as great as people take you... As said by Scorpion , we would have won if the link hadn't been posted in the oponents page (it kinda led to a desmobilization of our troops). Things could have been different if Mansons staff had done the same, also if we hadn't accepted defeat so early (we ended up with 46,9% and could have recovered from the attack without a doubt because we just descended to 46,54, but the frustation is understandable) and also if Manson fans had started working a bit earlier on this. Either way, it was a funny way to spend some time and people accept defeat with democracy, despite the fact that the poll was closed one hour prior to the time announced (which doesnt do much for the magazine fair play lol).

cheers and may the rock win
    Last edited by AppleOfSodom; 11-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

There is something positive to this, however. How we rallied. How fun it was. The collective effort and the funny conversations. Even though Manson didn't win, it showed the true spirit of us as fans even if it was a "stupid popularity contest".
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Not only that, however many of us there were, we were up against millions of fans of Dio, and you look at how close we got to kicking their ass, it shows how powerful we really are as MM's fanbase. Intellectually or collectively. I mean, hell, it isn't any surprise that we'd beat Jonathon Davis, even though he kicks ass too- but we're a force to be reckoned with as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleOfSodom View Post
    Yes, its a popularity contest, no one questioned that or even sugested it would have anything to do with art itself. Terrapin was right about that and I told him so. For me, this was just mostly a way to have some fun and show appreciation for one of my artistic inspirations, so it was cool all the time. It would be cooler if Manson had won, but was still cool because we interacted, talked about Manson and had a good time working as a team. In a way, this is what a community of fans or anything else represents: a group of people that share similar interests and just interact and do things together. I was happy to see the some hard work being done and thank to all the people that contributed (you know who you are), reminded me old times when things just happened differently and devotion could do unimaginable things.

It was a shame that Manson didn't win though. I respect Dios legacy, but think Manson was still a better frontman, considering all the aspects that have to be taken into consideration. Its inevitable that you climb degrees in the legendary stair just because you're dead though, even if in reality you aren't as great as people take you... As said by Scorpion , we would have won if the link hadn't been posted in the oponents page (it kinda led to a desmobilization of our troops). Things could have been different if Mansons staff had done the same, also if we hadn't accepted defeat so early (we ended up with 46,9% and could have recovered from the attack without a doubt because we just descended to 46,54, but the frustation is understandable) and also if Manson fans had started working a bit earlier on this. Either way, it was a funny way to spend some time and people accept defeat with democracy, despite the fact that the poll was closed one hour prior to the time announced (which doesnt do much for the magazine fair play lol).

cheers and may the rock win
    True... very true. I also had a lot of fun in this "contest"
    BTW, Manson didn't post it on his page because he knows this polls are stupid, cuz they are, but is fun to participate

I've been voting for Til too. He's about the only other one I care about.

Sorry to get technical, but nether are really metal. Korn's music is a bit closer while Manson presents various forms of rock. Overall, Manson makes a better frontman just because his shows are credited more for his showmanship.