Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thread Moderation Requests

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Default Thread Moderation Requests

Perhaps not all duplicate threads need to be locked if the conversation was going well enough to simply be added to the original thread. I've also seen that done with the Nirvana thread. As for the thread I'm referring to, it's about the Korn threads, and it grabbed my attention right away because I recall making the first Korn thread here. So, could somebody please merge the two Korn threads? I think that would be rather nice/cool. ^_^

*Korn threads have been merged.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-01-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Muddy Knees

Threads merged.

None of the staff is opposed to merging duplicate threads in order to better organize this site. If anyone catches something, they're more than welcome to report these threads to us.

Thank you for merging the Korn threads, as I really appreciate it. I've also figured that it was a more organized and convenient approach to duplicate threads, especially if there were contributions of the duplicate threads to constitute a legit topic of conversation. You're very much welcome as well. ^_^

Default Report A Thread (Deletion & Locking)

I somehow ended up with a double post when I made the Portrait of an American Family thread. I also think it's because I had more than one window open at the time. Anyway, here it is, and perhaps it can get locked or deleted. (I also don't think I've seen a thread like this being made in this section before either.)

*Thread deleted.*
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-06-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Muddy Knees

Thread deleted.

Thank you. It's nice to see that it's out of the way, as that was also a bit awkward.

Default Thread Name Change Request Thread

I've noticed that thread names have been changed, even without suggestions from time to time, but perhaps users can use this thread to request for any kinds of threads to be changed, if necessary, or by preference within reason. For instance, this is just me, buy I thought that Kanye West, and Lady Gaga was good enough for their threads. (I also couldn't help but notice that some people even type "Lady GaGa".) I've also noticed that I saw Eminem - The Slim Shady Thread, or something like that way was also changed to just Eminem, and I really appreciate that because it looked a lot easier on the eyes that way.

I also couldn't find a thread on this topic, and also still couldn't believe it though, because it generally used to be possible to change thread titles on a whim on any type of phpBB back in the 2000s. As for what I'm trying to say, I suppose a musician or band's name as displayed on their CDs and DVDs should suffice. Song titles, album titles, and tour titles, or anything else for that matter, didn't seem necessary to me at all. And I really don't mean to be a nudge, a stickler, or even as jerk, as that's not my intention, but it's still just my preference, and not all of them have to be changed, but thought of making this thread as an appropriate place to voice any requests. Perhaps the requests can be displayed this way.

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...Lady-Gaga-V2-0 - Lady Gaga

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...Black-Skinhead - Kanye West

(I'd also still like to stress that no offense is intended to anybody, but it's just a thought I've held in for a while, so I decided to finally post it before I forget about it again.)

And oh, the irony. =P

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...Request-Thread - Thread Title Change Request Thread
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-18-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Like correction first.

Prioritize.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Muddy Knees

There was a prior "Lady Gaga" thread that went off the rails. The V2.0 indicates it was the second thread made.

The Kanye West thread you specified was split from a separate thread. I'm not partial to renaming it to a general one, unless someone else wants to do it. Although, it's Kanye fucking West for fuck's sake and no one should give a rat's ass about him. You guys do what you want, but I won't support bad decisions.

Anyway... changing thread titles is a thoroughly long and drawn out process that takes weeks, even months, of intense deliberation and unrelentingly meticulous forum editing on our part. We can certainly do it, but God help us all.

I really had no idea about that, and thought that the old Lady Gaga thread might've been deleted by now. As for the Kanye West thread, I really had no idea about it as well. And well, yeah, it's not that urgent either, but it just kept occurring to me nonetheless. This should be a useful thread regardless, as it seems impossible to change a thread title on your own with the exception of being an administrator or a moderator here. And well, thanks for the consideration.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-18-2014 at 09:03 PM.