Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Portrait of an American Family

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Default Portrait of an American Family

This isn't really an analysis as I've seen the other sections having threads dedicated to just the album itself. Lunchbox really does take me back to my childhood and teenaged years and is a very nice anthem against bullying. It has helped me cope with being fucked with and the memories that came along with it.

As for an attempt at some analysis, I really perceived it as a blueprint, describing what Marilyn Manson is and was going to be about, and the beginning of them writing songs about the hypocrisy and corruption that comes with religion and politics, in spite of how it outwardly looks pristine, yet it's all disgusting on the inside, and how it's a detriment from one generation to the next.

(I'm sure it obviously gets much deeper than that though. It's just merely my observation and overall impression of the debut, as it contained that type of social commentary. That was also my very first impression of the album when I took a look at the album cover for the very first time.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-06-2013 at 07:30 AM.