Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson · Your Various Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    If it wasn't intentional, I thought it was quite the coincidence for Antichrist Superstar to be the red, Mechanical Animals to be the white, and Portrait of an American Family to be the blue as far as the art on all 3 CDs.
    POAAF makes me think of green

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Me too, but I was also referring to the color of the letters of, "You cannot sedate all the things you hate." I also liked the choice of blue they used, as it clearly goes perfectly with the black background.

Original AIDS provider.

Hasn't the disc been produced with those words in different colours though? I've seen it in at least two shades of blue, and green, I think.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

I've noticed that when it comes to the big 5 of nu metal and rap rock and Marilyn Manson fans, Korn, Deftones, and Slipknot seem to be accepted and appreciated, but not so much with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.
    I'd say "yes", but I would take it with a grain of salt. Back in high school and during the nu metal epidemy, most of my Korn friends weren't exactly fonds of MM; few of them liked the band -or admitted it to.

When MM & Korn co-held a festival in here, 10 years ago, tension between the 2 fan camps grew. There were fights in public parks, in the venue entrance of the concert and also on the first rows.

And the whole Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park: I won't deny I like a few songs from both, but they definitely became famous for all the wrong nu metal reasons. They showed up its weakest side, and nobody believed in it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    I'd say "yes", but I would take it with a grain of salt. Back in high school and during the nu metal epidemy, most of my Korn friends weren't exactly fonds of MM; few of them liked the band -or admitted it to.

When MM & Korn co-held a festival in here, 10 years ago, tension between the 2 fan camps grew. There were fights in public parks, in the venue entrance of the concert and also on the first rows.
    I meant for the other way around. It seems like Marilyn Manson fans would be more likely to like Korn, Deftones, and Slipknot. I also had no idea that such a thing would've ever happened. I would've expected that a hell lot more from Limp Bizkit fans though. That's also crazy, and I suppose I got very used to the idea of Korn fans liking MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    And the whole Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park: I won't deny I like a few songs from both, but they definitely became famous for all the wrong nu metal reasons. They showed up its weakest side, and nobody believed in it anymore.
    As for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, I'd normally expect MM fans to generally dislike both bands, even though there are always exceptions. I also think you could never really go wrong with Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other, and Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water with Limp Bizkit, and Hybrid Theory, Meteora, or even Minutes to Midnight with Linkin Park, but that's just me.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    Hasn't the disc been produced with those words in different colours though? I've seen it in at least two shades of blue, and green, I think.
    There's also a purple version. I only have one CD which is blue, I have so far failed to get any of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonestripper View Post
    POAAF makes me think of green
    It makes me think on yellow. SLC makes me think green actually

I meant for the other way around. It seems like Marilyn Manson fans would be more likely to like Korn, Deftones, and Slipknot. I also had no idea that such a thing would've ever happened. I would've expected that a hell lot more from Limp Bizkit fans though. That's also crazy, and I suppose I got very used to the idea of Korn fans liking MM.

As for Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, I'd normally expect MM fans to generally dislike both bands, even though there are always exceptions. I also think you could never really go wrong with Three Dollar Bill, Yall$, Significant Other, and Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water with Limp Bizkit, and Hybrid Theory, Meteora, or even Minutes to Midnight with Linkin Park, but that's just me.
    OH! ok... well yes, but in my experience, once you get into MM is easier to embrace different music styles. Of course I liked Korn back in the day, but at the time i was interested only in music that sounded similar to MM, so... It is funny, now that I remember, how all the people who criticise me for liking him were actually the close-minded ones; thanks to Manson I got into so many different styles.

Listening to Mechanical Animals, Holy Wood, and The Golden Age of Grotesque take me back to junior high school and high school, and even though I first became an actual fan in either late 2001, or early 2002, I say that because I've first heard of Marilyn Manson when I was 12-13, especially after the Columbine High School massacre. I didn't really become a fan until I was at least 16.

As for Portrait of an American Family, Smells Like Children, and Antichrist Superstar, I'd just have to imagine myself in my elementary school years around ages 8-11. I'm sure I'd obviously get into trouble for listening to him at those parts of my life though.

just thought about this and
    i find these two lyrics to
    be somewhat similar.
    its interesting.

every time i kill you im really just killing myself

&

shoot myself to love you, if i loved myself id be shooting you
    Last edited by MrBonestripper; 12-06-2013 at 12:27 AM.

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"