Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Your Various Thoughts

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Whoa, it certainly goes back to the "I am you." on the Portrait of an American Family cover. And then when you add the theology of the Godhead and crucifixion, it really seems to fall into place.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-05-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Portrait of an American Family and Smells Like Children are both clearly "green albums" if you know what I mean. Antichrist Superstar makes me think of red and black.

I've always liked how Marilyn Manson can easily pass as both a party animal and a bookworm.

I can't believe that I completely forgot to bring this up. Marilyn Manson's tattoos sort of remind of me Kracko, which is one of the villains from the Kirby franchise.

Did anybody think of Tool's Intermission and then Marilyn Manson's Arma-Goddamn-Motherfuckin-Geddon or vice versa upon hearing it?

Let's make something clear
    POAFF: Yellow
    SLC: Green
    ACSS: Grey and brown (I dunno why)
    MA: Red and white
    HW: Some dark Yellow
    TGAOG: Black
    EMDM: Dark Red
    THEOL: Purple
    BV: Light Blue

I remember that I used to get disappointed and upset when I saw how hard it was to find Marilyn Manson fans around me in real life, but as of now it has occurred to me more than ever that it should have never bothered me to start with. Most of the people I know are Christians, and there are also a lot of them that have been too young to have gotten into Marilyn Manson back in 1994-2001, and Christian or not, Marilyn Manson never intended to please everybody in spite of his success. There's also the painfully obvious fact that Marilyn Manson is also not for everybody, and that a lot of his music and image is clearly an acquired taste.

I should just be thankful that he managed to get the success he did in 1996-2001, while putting out great albums. Oh, and on top of it, everything past The Golden Age of Grotesque just wasn't as popular, and Marilyn Manson peaked at his popularity around 1999-2001.

In other words, I've felt like I've unbelievably and obviously missed one of his biggest points when I worried about his popularity diminishing. I get that no musicians can permanently stay at their peak, but with somebody like Marilyn Manson, and even in spite of benefiting from controversy and seeking attention, being the most popular was never his one true goal as a singer and a songwriter.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-10-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonestripper View Post
    just thought about this and
    i find these two lyrics to
    be somewhat similar.
    its interesting.

every time i kill you im really just killing myself

&

shoot myself to love you, if i loved myself id be shooting you
    & that's why I fell in love as a teen. I've always loved his choice of words and soliloquies.

Btw, I'm new here! I'm curious to see if this will post before my intro post. Probably not...
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Here's a random MM thought: I'd love to read all the writing on the wall from the "Tourniquet" video.

I bet Tool hate Marilyn Manson and cinstantly shit talk him.

I've always had that idea.