Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson · Your Various Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    Here's a random MM thought: I'd love to read all the writing on the wall from the "Tourniquet" video.
    me toooo!!

that was always one of my favorite parts of the video

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedGod View Post
    I bet Tool hate Marilyn Manson and cinstantly shit talk him.

I've always had that idea.
    I remember reading on an old magazine from around the time "Aenima" came out, in which Tool's drummer Danny Carey disses Korn and Manson, saying that "it was a flavor-of-the-moment thing, music that didn't even had rythm" and made some vague Beautiful People mentions; or so I remember.

I don't know if Maynard does; after all he got to work with Jeordie White/Twiggy Ramírez with A Perfect Circle. But, then again, he used to be close with Trent Reznor back in the day (who has proven to enjoy dizzing MM) so... I'm not really sure.

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    I don't know if Maynard does; after all he got to work with Jeordie White/Twiggy Ramírez with A Perfect Circle. But, then again, he used to be close with Trent Reznor back in the day (who has proven to enjoy dizzing MM) so... I'm not really sure.
    I once did a research because I was curious, lol. I remember reading one interview, in which he made a somewhat derogatory remark about Manson after being asked about working with Trent. It was almost nothing but there you have it. I doubt his opinions changed much since Maynard and Manson don't seem like individuals that would possibly bump into each other, ever. It was slightly awkward considering A Perfect Circle, but after all, Twiggy was having a break from Manson at that time.

I'd love to read the whole interview you mention Alexandra; and you're right; he was Jeordie back on the A Perfect circle days, not Twiggy.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

The quote I think Alexandra is referring to is about Twiggy comparing MM and APC as bands, but maybe it was MM and MJK as singers. It was something about MM being more in your face, like a horror movie where as APC (or MJK?) is more subtle like a creature in Aliens. I don't think it's one is better than the other, just different beasts. I don't think there is any animosity towards each other as they've never really been in the same scene - but I do know MM respects MJK/Tool even though it's not really his type of music.

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

I read that a few years ago and it wasn't what Cringeon mentioned. In the interview I read, Maynard was asked about Tapeworm, I think, or simply about knowing/working with Trent and then his feud with Manson was brought up, either by the interviewer or Maynard himself. But it wasn't a full response, it was merely "I don't like Marilyn Manson, I prefer Charles Manson" type of thing. Shit, now I'll have to find it because I'm curious myself :P

I'll update if I find it because I'm busy at the moment.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

It would be funny to see where they are now as older gents. Both have actually shown their quirky humor side a lot more, which is cool for two artists that were always mysterious frontmen be it in different ways and both are artists who I think have aged well as artists. Sometimes artists from the 90s just don't explore anything new so I can't relate or get anything out of them. MJK has gotten more interesting to me with time, and I'm really excited about where MM is headed.

I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

For quite a while, I've always wondered what Maynard James Keenan and the rest of Tool thought about Marilyn Manson. From the looks of it, one could easily think or wonder if Tool at least likes Portrait of an American Family to Holy Wood. And yes, their sense of humor and gimmicks also seem to be similar in some ways, along with some of the topics and imagery in their songs, albums, and music videos. As for another artist that respects Marilyn Manson, I was pleasantly surprised to see that Tori Amos complimented Marilyn Manson, considering how she also uses a lot of metaphors in her songs, while also addressing religion, theology, and spirituality in a similar way.

Lunchbox, Irresponsible Hate Anthem, The Beautiful People, The Fight Song, and Disposable Teens definitely bring the "sticking around out of spite" vibe out of me.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-17-2014 at 12:10 AM.

Six more months until Portrait of an American Family turns the big 20. I also wonder if there would actually be a new album before July 19, 2014, or at least before 2014 ends. That really would be something. =P