Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson Your Various Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Six more months until Portrait of an American Family turns the big 20. I also wonder if there would actually be a new album before July 19, 2014, or at least before 2014 ends. That really would be something. =P
    Perhaps a proper release of the inedit covers from the "Portrait release" parties would be in order for the anniversary; but since Daisy still likes to talk shit about "Brian"... I guess that will stay as a mere dream, and nothing more.

I wonder if we'll ever get those two songs he recorded with Skold?

Dude.

(nvm i'm retarded)
    Last edited by dskzero; 01-22-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Oblivion Awaits

Dude.

I remember that I used to get disappointed and upset when I saw how hard it was to find Marilyn Manson fans around me in real life, but as of now it has occurred to me more than ever that it should have never bothered me to start with. Most of the people I know are Christians, and there are also a lot of them that have been too young to have gotten into Marilyn Manson back in 1994-2001, and Christian or not, Marilyn Manson never intended to please everybody in spite of his success. There's also the painfully obvious fact that Marilyn Manson is also not for everybody, and that a lot of his music and image is clearly an acquired taste.

I should just be thankful that he managed to get the success he did in 1996-2001, while putting out great albums. Oh, and on top of it, everything past The Golden Age of Grotesque just wasn't as popular, and Marilyn Manson peaked at his popularity around 1999-2001.

In other words, I've felt like I've unbelievably and obviously missed one of his biggest points when I worried about his popularity diminishing. I get that no musicians can permanently stay at their peak, but with somebody like Marilyn Manson, and even in spite of benefiting from controversy and seeking attention, being the most popular was never his one true goal as a singer and a songwriter.
    I think he peaked at 1997-98. He was just everywhere. I met plenty of fans online but not in RL and frankly I never really cared. I stopped giving a damn when people woul only talk about his breasts.
    Oblivion Awaits

I've met a shit ton of fans between 96-2002, when mechanical animals came out, people were saying he's a glam pussy or sellout or some such retarded assed bullshit. I have a fond memory of receiving a mechanical animal postcard in the mail along with a "The Dope Show" cassette tape in the mail. That was a good fucking day.

If Manson ever resurrected the Spooky Kids, they should evolve into a doom metal band. Seems right up their alley.

Six more months until Portrait of an American Family turns the big 20. I also wonder if there would actually be a new album before July 19, 2014, or at least before 2014 ends. That really would be something. =P
    unlikely

but who knows

i think its more likely to come out in 2015

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

That could seem about right, since some of his other albums had 4 to 3 year gaps in between them. Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End of Low had a very normal gap though, and it was even around 1 month shy from being a 2 year gap, as Eat Me, Drink Me didn't turn 2 just yet by the time The High End of Low was released. Interestingly enough The High End of Low almost turned 3 when Born Villain was released. Thank goodness none of them had as long as the wait that was in between The Golden Age of Grotesque and Eat Me, Drink Me. And that was when I thought that the wait from Holy Wood to The Golden Age of Grotesque was a long wait, but my conception of time was different back then.

My next random Marilyn Manson thought was also going to be about Eat Me, Drink Me and The High End of Low. I really am convinced that he wanted to recapture some of that old school Marilyn Manson vibe in those two albums, but with a newer sound.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-24-2014 at 02:21 PM.

I'm re-reading Manson's long hard road out of hell book, for the second time, it's been years since I've read it, and I am encountering a lot of shit that he wrote/said in the book that makes it seem like it was the blueprint for everything he's been doing up until now. What I mean is, it tells you his real motives for his music and meanings behind a lot of his earlier songs/albums. I suggest reading that book again to better understand the guy and his work. Especially for the Antichrist Superstar Era.

I've whited out my name. Halo Infinity's Avatar

I still have yet to get that book. I also owe it to myself as a Marilyn Manson fan.