Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Numbers in The High End of Low

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Default Numbers in The High End of Low

I find the numerical references in Marilyn Manson albums interesting and it just occurred to me that Four Rusted Horses and obvious track number for, and track 15 is just 15. (I'm not trying to claim that any of this is true. It's just a random thought that occurred to me.)

15+4=19

There are 19 tracks in Holy Wood, and Holy Wood was the 4th album.

15-4=11

There are 11 tracks in Eat Me, Drink Me, and there are 15 tracks in The Golden Age of Grotesque, and the number 15 was also used in Mechanical Animals from Mar1yn Man5on.

15+15+11=41 (And it would've been a cool coincidence if Marilyn Manson was 41 in 2009, but it's very close, since he turned 41 in 2010.)

And then it also makes a lot of sense for the close track to be 15 if that was also a reference to the fact that Portrait of an American Family turned 15 years old when The High End of Low came out since 2009-1994=15. (Or more like was going to turn 15, since The High End of Low came out in May, and Portrait of an American Family came out in July.)

Oh, and then 19+11=30, and back in 2000, Marilyn Manson was 31, but this time, it just goes one number lower than his age. And then there's the fact that there were two albums with 15 tracks on them, making them 30 tracks when put together as well. =P
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-12-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

15 was written on his Birthday in 2009, which is why it's called 15. I don't think it had anything to do with POAAF.

You might want to check this thread out for general 15 discussion across all albums and stuff. http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...-The-Number-15

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I'll admit that it was still quite the coincidence, since POAAF was going to turn 15 around 2 months after THEOL was released. Oh, and thank you for pointing that thread out. I think I'll also re-post my ideas there since I would've used that thread first if I came across it.

funny
    i never made the four rusted horses being track #4 connection
    interesting

i wonder if it was a coincidence,
    like "president dead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    15 was written on his Birthday in 2009, which is why it's called 15. I don't think it had anything to do with POAAF.

You might want to check this thread out for general 15 discussion across all albums and stuff. http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...-The-Number-15
    wasnt it also recorded on his birthday?

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

It wasn't written on his birthday in 2008, but 2009. It was a last minute addition, and all the songs were written in order.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    It wasn't written on his birthday in 2008, but 2009. It was a last minute addition, and all the songs were written in order.
    Sorry, that was just a typo.

And MrBonestripper, I think it was recorded too, I think he's said it was all done on his birthday. Similar to Putting Holes In Happiness? I think that was also written/recorded on his birthday? could be wrong, but it seems to stand out in my mind for that reason.