Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Films & Your Reviews III

Quote Originally Posted by Scentless Apprentice View Post
    Mulholland Drive. First time watching a David Lynch movie. Thought it was pretty good. I want to get his other films now.
    wow!!!! yeah

if you liked mulholland drive
    definitely check out his other
    works. definitely worth it.

if anything, you gotta watch

blue velvet
    lost highway
    and
    twin peaks (tv series)

people also rave about eraserhead and dune

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll. If that song is all you know about Ian Dury and the Blockheads you might find this film as surprising as I did. Very clever man, three parts carny to one part punk. He managed to piss off more people in a significant way than the Sex Pistols ever dreamed of. Completely different view of the way music and society were changing in the seventies. The set up is a little contrived but the story is magic.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

gravity

eh,
    it was alright,
    i guess.
    not a whole lot to say about it.
    fairly predictable,
    among other things.
    some neat camera shots.

maybe woulda been better on the imax

In my everything"

Last few films I saw :

Iron Man 3 : 4/10.

Watchable, but nothing else. After the attack on Stark's mansion, it all went downhill IMO. Uninteresting villain, and the weakest Marvel movie as of yet. I haven't been this bored by a big action movie since Transformers. Hell, compared to Transformers, IM3 is a masterpiece...

Man of Steel : 7.5/10

Some great ideas, boring villains, lot of destruction.

Django Unchained : 9/10

One of Tarantino's best IMO. A bit long maybe, but overall it was amazing.
    Last edited by The Ghoul; 12-25-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    "Through the darkness of future past, the magician longs to see, one chants out between two worlds, fire walk with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Baron des Goules View Post
    Last few films I saw :

Iron Man 3 : 4/10.

Watchable, but nothing else. After the attack on Stark's mansion, it all went downhill IMO. Uninteresting villain, and the weakest Marvel movie as of yet. I haven't been this bored by a big action movie since Transformers. Hell, compared to Transformers, IM3 is a masterpiece...

Man of Steel : 7.5/10

Some great ideas, boring villains, lot of destruction.

Django Unchanined : 9/10

One of Tarantino's best IMO. A bit long maybe, but overall it was amazing.
    I agree about Django.. awesome movie but a bit long

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    ARTIFACT

I kept seeing ARTIFACT being posted about on Facebook, so I decided to see what it was actually about. I knew it was about 30 Seconds To Mars, which I'm not even a fan of but then I read it's a documentary about their album creation and how record label's treat artist, so I decided to check it out.
    It's a good documentary and you don't have to be a fan of 30STM to enjoy it. It really shows how shit it is for bands, they need a major label to help them get out there in the world but by doing so they're just fucked over at the same time. It has a lot of different people interviewed from bands, journalists or people who've worked or work for record labels.
    If you are a fan of the band, then I'm sure it's even better because you're getting a good behind the scenes look at them creating their This Is War album.
    Just watched this, and I got to say I really enjoyed it. They did a good job hitting the nail on the industry side of things, and even though I'm not a fan of that kind of music it was still a really good watch. The only thing, is it seemed to end with a settlement but it seemed from an interview I watched they won a counter-lawsuit. I wonder if there was some legal action after the documentary, or if they considered the resigning a win. That's the only thing that felt somewhat self-defeating is they still went with the label to release the album rather than truly say fuck it all.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Just watched this, and I got to say I really enjoyed it. They did a good job hitting the nail on the industry side of things, and even though I'm not a fan of that kind of music it was still a really good watch. The only thing, is it seemed to end with a settlement but it seemed from an interview I watched they won a counter-lawsuit. I wonder if there was some legal action after the documentary, or if they considered the resigning a win. That's the only thing that felt somewhat self-defeating is they still went with the label to release the album rather than truly say fuck it all.
    I think Jared on his own would have said fuck it, because he seemed to be more for that than anything else. But people around him were saying go with the offer because it's the better option. I think one guy in there said to him something like there's a time to fight it and right now might not be the best time.
    Since then though they've put out another album and toured over the world, would that have happened without resigning?
    But yeah it's a good documentary showing the kind of crap that can happen with bands and their record labels.

Follow Celiny-O On Twitter Add Celiny-O on Facebook Follow Celiny-O on Tumblr

How To Train Your Dragon - Very cute. It was the first time seeing it and I really liked it.
    Anchorman 2 - Hilarious! The fight scene in this one made up for any of the film's shortcomings.
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 - Almost as good as the first. The strawberry was fucking adorable.
    "I've always wondered who makes those minuscule ziploc bags. What sandwich is going to fit in one of those?" - Marilyn Manson

Just watched In Bruges and it was awesome.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

the new hobbit movie is great!

well.......
    i fell asleep about half way in
    the first time i tried to watch it.

the second time i feel asleep
    for about half an hour,
    but finished it.

it was great