Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Films & Your Reviews III

The Conversation was brilliant. You might want to watch Enemy of the State for comparison. The movie that snuck up on me (after watching it twice because it was one of the ex's favorites) was Dog Day Afternoon. If you can suspend your modern movie 'inner eye' and accept the period of the film it can make a lot of movies a better experience. I really enjoy old movies that way. The Wild Ones, Midnight Cowboy, even Easy Rider can feel cliched the first time you watch them unless you remember that they were the origins of the cliche!
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

Just watched Nothing But Trouble. Now I finally understand half of Mr Bonestrippers posts :)

Add gunz on Facebook Follow gunz on Tumblr

I've been on a real kick here lately with old horror films typically made in Italy and overseas...One of my favorites has to be Terror Creatures from the Grave...Barbara Steele in one of her better films...If you have never seen it...then do it.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gunz View Post
    I've been on a real kick here lately with old horror films typically made in Italy and overseas...One of my favorites has to be Terror Creatures from the Grave...Barbara Steele in one of her better films...If you have never seen it...then do it.
    Speaking of Barbara Steele, ever seen the Butterfly Room? Check it... She's in it too! Fucking creeper shit stuff.

Robocop 2014 remake online. Turned it off once halfway gets more boring. Nuff said.

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

I saw The Wolf of Wall Street with my father and his wife and all I can say is that we all loved it. It's witty, it's hilarious, it's thought-provoking and there's bewbs. Lots of them.

Although, one thing I don't understand is why everyone believes that "every next film released after The Wolf will be a Disney film". It wasn't that perverted or shocking. For a mainstream film, yes, there were a lot of random breasts flying around in the telly but nothing particularly disturbing. If anything, it was mostly amusing.

And that Lemmons scene. Oh My God. I have never pissed myself laughing like that. My father and I literally fell off the couch and couldn't catch a breath. And what really got me was that I knew he was picturing himself in similar predicaments as the main character found himself in. Ah, drugs...

The Wind Rises

It's hard to articulate most of my feelings on it. Simply, I adored it. There was definitely a theme of finality to it, being Miyazaki's last work. So worth seeing. Even if you don't like anime, most people like Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki. The animation was beautiful, as was the music.
    my sig is gone !!

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Oh my fucking god. What a fucking movie. Just as awesome as the first one. Eva Green is the true scene stealer. She even makes Katniss fighting skills look like complete noob... Even Xerxes had his own chewing up the scenery.. But this movie felt like Empire Strikes Back style... Artemesia has a little bit of Vader attitude when she doesn't like failures in her ranks. Cutting heads and drowning them with stones in their chained arms... All in all, blood and gore plus her cleavage = boner level 90000000000.

Even had one bad-ass scene where she chops off the head of the Greek captive and kisses it like OTEP does when she kisses the pig's chopped head.

Queen Cersei Lanisster aka Gorgo had her own bad-ass moments but sadly, don't expect a catfight.. It was more of a man vs woman scenario.. Still, fucking awesome as it is.
    Last edited by Mi-CroMartie; 03-09-2014 at 04:57 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

CAPTAIN PHILLIPS

Great film, I was hooked all the way through.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Just finished watching Peter Jackson's King Kong, great movie, great director.

300: Rise of an Empire

Saw this in IMAX 3D. Aside from the boobs scene there really isn't a reason to go the IMAX route.

This film feels more like a 3rd or 4rth sequel than a 1st. It makes the mistake of trying to do everything the first film did but it never turns out to be quite as good.

Literally, there are no aspects of this film that are better or worse than just ok.