Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Films & Your Reviews III

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

The Fifth Estate

I never really followed the whole Wiki Leaks thing, I just knew about them exposing shit on their website. So I really enjoyed this film and the ideas behind Wiki Leaks, but I agree with those who left the website/team over not removing names from the huge document leak because it would put people in danger. I think the idea for it all is great until people are in danger and then my opinion changes a bit.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Rosemary's Baby 2014 reboot for the Paranormal Activity generation anyone?

The 10th DVD from the twin peaks gold box collection. It has extras on it, which are very informative and fascinating. I'm absolutely crazy about Twin Peaks; have been for the last 24 years...
    "done bun; can't be undone"

Follow Celiny-O On Twitter Add Celiny-O on Facebook Follow Celiny-O on Tumblr

Deadgirl
    Sucker Punch
    "I've always wondered who makes those minuscule ziploc bags. What sandwich is going to fit in one of those?" - Marilyn Manson

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Warning. DO NOT LEAVE the theater.. 2 ENDINGS in the half-end and the full ending credits roll.

Other than that, it was way better than the 1st Capt. America. And Nick Fury finally reveals removing his eye patch. Hah. Scarlett is still smokin hot as Black Widow.

Love the scene in the ending where the Tesseract was revealed in a hydra lab and it's supposed to be a sequel to avengers not just the 1st Capt. America plotline!

"Mrs. Travers, what in the world has upset you so?"
    "Penguins have very much upset me!"

I absolutely loved this film despite having essentially zero interest in the story/film/concept of Mary Poppins beyond the fact that it involved Julie Andrews. This movie was so witty and depressing (both good things) and spectacularly Disney and 1960s (even better things), with lots of hidden historical accuracies and nods to those of us who are obsessed with old school Disney. It has actually very little to do with Mary Poppins and is much more biographical - if anything, and also, there is a giant stuffed mickey mouse.

The Lego Movie-

Won't be real elaborate now, but it's a cute film for those frusterated with a monotonous life and/or loves Legos.

Follow Celiny-O On Twitter Add Celiny-O on Facebook Follow Celiny-O on Tumblr

Fight Club.
    "I've always wondered who makes those minuscule ziploc bags. What sandwich is going to fit in one of those?" - Marilyn Manson

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Just got back from Noah. Granted, I'm a huge Aronofsky fan but I think this was a far better film than Black Swan. For a biblical story that isn't even that long, they really crafted a beautiful piece that tells a lot more than a "god destruction" plot. I'm pretty sure most people in the theater (especially being in Utah) completely missed the commentary about mankind being laid out.

Even though small, a favorite part was

the montage of the "creation" story juxtaposed against the time-lapsed big-bang/evolution, and also the images of Cain killing Abel transposed across generations of the history of war in the world. Mankind can only blame himself

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Just got back from Noah. Granted, I'm a huge Aronofsky fan but I think this was a far better film than Black Swan. For a biblical story that isn't even that long, they really crafted a beautiful piece that tells a lot more than a "god destruction" plot. I'm pretty sure most people in the theater (especially being in Utah) completely missed the commentary about mankind being laid out.

Even though small, a favorite part was

the montage of the "creation" story juxtaposed against the time-lapsed big-bang/evolution, and also the images of Cain killing Abel transposed across generations of the history of war in the world. Mankind can only blame himself
    I have to agree about the movie.. I liked it a lot. I really liked the watchers.