Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loneliness

Special interest groups. Book clubs. Art classes or exhibits. Otaku anything- anime weekend at the local college. Amature sports, music, spoken word events. Comic book shops are always trying to attract a loyal following with events. Hell, even Lowes does one day projects in simple woodworking. Find what you like and a place to do it. In a smaller group you can talk to people. Some may be weirdo noodges (like me) but you never know.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

NewYorkRipperQUACK MisanthroPope's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Finding friends really is a lot harder than I thought. If only I could just find a few friends with a lot of common grounds here and there that are at least 1 hour and less away, or 30 minutes or less away. You'd think it would be an easy thing to do in New York City. By the way, aside from school, work, and church, do people also use clubs and bars as an attempt to make new friends when they're not necessarily hooking up with people?
    I'm not sure how one makes new friends. I tend to just make friends at work. I figure if I went out looking for buddies it would seem like I was trolling for some dick.

I've been feeling alone since a few years. Strictly speaking, since I've moved. I have some friends but they're far away from me. I meet them a few times per year. We message each other everyday but, of course, it's not the same. It's just not enough. Sometimes I don't care beaucase I have schoolmates, I'm never so lonely at school. But when the school ends, I end up alone. I love without parents and I have no one who could listen to me or talk to me, go out with me. Usually I don't care but sometimes it's really depressing. Pubs or work? Not in this case. It'd take too long to describe this matter.
    I'm going to move out to the UK and go to the university there. I hope it will make this unpleasant part of my life better. I'm not shy. I believe that I'll have a possibility to meet someone who would have similar interests and wouldn't live at least 50km away from me.
    Less lonely with someone who doesn't exist?
    Make him exist.
    Every time you believe in him, he will be a little more real.

I live on a ship with 5,000+ people on it. I would kill to have some serious alone time, especially on account of how introverted I am. Plus I always have difficulty finding people I can relate to. Any 'alone' time I get I generally use for studying/reading or drawing accompanied by music. Nothing wrong with doing more public activites alone. It gives you a chance to think and take a break from everyday bullshit. Lonliness is a healthy state of mind and puts you to the challenge of knowing yourself better.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I suppose I just still feel out of place from time to time, and just needed to realize and accept that I can't socialize and make friends the same exact way I did since I was a child and a teenager.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-26-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    You'd think it would be an easy thing to do in New York City.
    ...yeahno. well. sort of. But you're right, you have to go about it completely differently. Where in the city are you? I might be able to assist/offer more specific advice.

I'm in Queens. I lived most of my childhood in Flushing, but currently reside in a part of Bayside which is also known as Oakland Gardens.

I am always alone, but still with everyone.

Sometimes it's good to retreat from the world and recharge your mind and your entire being. Being the Aquarian that I am, I have to be a recluse from the world because I get so mentally exhausted from human interaction. Sometimes my mind has a million thoughts per seconds, and only few words spit out of my mouth... that's just because the way my brain is wired, it gets re-wired and knowledge gets grinded like it's a coffee machine.
    Big word beans being crushed into beautiful intelligence. However you want to interpret that. I find solitude in being alone. Don't have to answer to any fucking body. I don't even let anyone tell me what to do, when others try to, I smile and nod and do whatever I want anyway.
    Just don't let technology and television kill your creative mind, you do need human interaction to stay mentally active.
    It's just a matter of getting a connection with others through similarities or whatever comes to mind. Don't be so hard on yourself.
    Do something, don't sit idle for hours on end, you'll just stagnate, and when you stagnate, nothing occurs and nothing grows.