Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [0009]: Aug 16 2014 - Alt Fest - Northamptonshire, England, UK *CANCELED*

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default [0009]: Aug 16 2014 - Alt Fest - Northamptonshire, England, UK *CANCELED*

Saturday August 16 2014
    ALT FEST
    Venue: Boughton Estate

Tickets
    http://www.alt-fest.com/index.html

Members Attending:
    • Norsefire

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

If finances and work can fall in line - I'm definitely going to try and make this one. Timing is pefect.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I'm 99% sure I will be there, so I put name in lol. It's a Saturday which I don't have to work and I have no other plans and I think it's about an hour and 40 mins down the road from me.

It will be interesting to see what Marilyn Manson does for this headlining slot. I would be totally happy to get what he just gave the US, but IF this turns out to be a one off show, would he bring a huge stage set up with him or a more stripped down show?
    I don't really mind either way, I'm happy it's the UK that's getting a show.

I'll go if I can get a day ticket, but having not paid any attention to the wider metal scene for years I have no interest in going for the whole weekend* and 85 is a bit steep for a short festival set.

*there only two bands all weekend who I actively want to see, about three others I know are alright and only four more I even recognise the name of.
    Last edited by MrPogo; 12-25-2013 at 03:43 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

That's the thing with Festivals though, you pay more because you're getting more. So it's not a bad price, unless you're just going for really one or two bands and then it is expensive.

bought my ticket for this. Looks amazing.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

I only really want a day ticket, which go on sale at a later date. So I have to wait to get mine.

Add whinst on Facebook Follow whinst on Tumblr Visit whinst's Instagram Channel

According to the number of bands which are playing there the tickets aren't so expensive. I'll definitely be there! I've been waiting for a MM's concert for almost 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    That's the thing with Festivals though, you pay more because you're getting more. So it's not a bad price, unless you're just going for really one or two bands and then it is expensive.
    Well, yeah. On a different note, I think it's a shame we've become so obsessed with huge multi-day, multi-stage festivals in this country. In the late 90s/early 00's I went to a few awesome one day festivals with only one or two stages (and the two day stage ones being in basically the same place with no clash between the bands, so there was almost non-stop music with one stage being set up whilst a band was playing on the other). That meant there were great bands on all day and you could watch all of them, instead of a choice of six stages full of random nobodies until about 8pm when suddenly the four or five decent bands of the day suddenly all go on at the same time in different parts of the site.

Ill get a day pass for this. Should be fun, and see you guys there!