Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Great Big White World (and Mechanical Animals) / Spaceman

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Default Great Big White World (and Mechanical Animals) / Spaceman

I have no idea if it was said before, I searched here but got nothing so if its nothing new, feel free to delete this.

Well, we all know Great Big White World, so I´ll just post Spaceman here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfHg3fH6LMg

Besides the similar sound between this song and the album, there are a few connections that make me think that this had a big influence over how Mechanical Animals turned out.

Manson - Babyloon zoo:

And I dreamed I was a spaceman // Spaceman, I always wanted you to go into space man
    Because it's a great big white world and we are drained of our colors, In a world so white what else could I say? // It's time to terminate the great white world, Morbid fascinations television takes control, Decimation diffrent races fall
    Inauguration of the Mechanical Christ // Intergalactic Christ

And there´s also the themes, television, religion, ¨Spaceman¨ talks about ¨Homophobic jokes, Images of fascist votes¨ 2 subjects well represented in the MA era. Keep in mind that Babylon Zoo came before Antichrist Superstar.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Also, there is a song on their album, ¨Dont feed the animals¨ which reminded me of the title Mechanical Animals.

I have nothing useful to add here, only this amazing Kovenant cover of said song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwlA5gfbhk

I've never heard Manson himself cite it as an inspiration in any interviews, but if he and Twiggy weren't influenced by this, I'm a kitten.