Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Misheard Lyrics

Cereal Killer

When I first heard the fight song I thought it was "Im not a slave to a gun that doesn't exist. Im not a slave to a world that doesnt give a ****"

Of course after I heard it I looked up the lyrics and I learned it was "Im not a slave to a god that doesnt exist. Im not a slave to a world that doesnt give a ****

Down, but not out.

We're from America

Actual Lyrics: Be a killer with a god, so they call me a hero.

Misheard Lyrics: Be a killer with a gun, so they call me a hero.

Posthuman: "Show me the Death Star"

Disposable Teens
    The first time I heard it I was still completely English-illiterate. And I always thought he was whispering "We're disposable Seoul" (right before the screaming part), instead of teens as it should be. And during the verse "The more that you fear", I always thought he was saying "The modem that you fear" (referring to an actual modem router), and I was in completely awe. And I thought "What? Why is he singing about a modem router and about Seoul? What this song is all about, really?! Seoul, or Manson having problems with his 56k modem router?".
    "Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves." -Bill Hicks

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    We're from America

Actual Lyrics: Be a killer with a god, so they call me a hero.

Misheard Lyrics: Be a killer with a gun, so they call me a hero.
    I don't think that's the actual lyrics. The "misheard" makes completely more sense. A solider with a gun is essentially a killer, But is look up to as a hero.

"All that clitoris is cold"

Down, but not out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    I don't think that's the actual lyrics. The "misheard" makes completely more sense. A solider with a gun is essentially a killer, But is look up to as a hero.
    I checked MansonWiki and the actual The High End of Low booklet just to be sure again, and they turned out to be the actual lyrics. I still understand what you mean though. However, when I also considered the lyric before that part, it does also make a reference to wanting to be a martyr, which could also be a reference to martyrs being labeled as heroes for being willing to kill and die for their religious and spiritual causes and beliefs.

(I wanna be a martyr. I don't wanna be a victim.)

Down, but not out.

Lunchbox

Actual Lyrics:
    On we plow!

Misheard Lyrics: Here we go!/It's on now!

The Beautiful People

Actual Lyrics: The worms will live in every host. It's hard to pick which one they eat most. / It's all anatomic as the size of your steeple.

Misheard Lyrics: The world we live in and every hoax. It's hard to see which one they hate the most. / It's all an atomic as the size of your steeple.

fuckwhatyoulove Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I checked MansonWiki and the actual The High End of Low booklet just to be sure again, and they turned out to be the actual lyrics. I still understand what you mean though. However, when I also considered the lyric before that part, it does also make a reference to wanting to be a martyr, which could also be a reference to martyrs being labeled as heroes for being willing to kill and die for their religious and spiritual causes and beliefs.

(I wanna be a martyr. I don't wanna be a victim.)
    Eh I still don't believe it. Look at the ACSS booklet and see all the incorrect lyrics. If I was Manson, I'd put misheard lyrics in the booklets to confuse people. Just like the Pale Emperor lyrics on Genius.com that are supposedly "official". Which are not.

Down, but not out.

@Nemoris Inferioris - I didn't know about that at all. I also probably could've forgotten since it's been a long time since I've listened to albums while reading the lyrics to the songs on the actual booklets. I'll also admit that this would make for a very interesting thread. (That is unless it's already out there in the Evidence & Analyses section.)