Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Misheard Lyrics

Goddamn Your Ratchet Self

This might sound silly to many of you...

When I began to listen to Marilyn Manson (circa 1996), I used to get second-generation cassette copies from his music. I was like 12 at the time, and my english skills were in no way as developed and pulished as they are today. So, the first times I listened to The Reflecting God, I used to believe that the line "and I was looking at me" was actually "The diablo is looking at me" (spanish for the devil).

Sometimes I miss the days in which I was soooo naive.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Lamb of God

Misheard Lyrics: We were looking for more David. / Lamb of God would you dread us?

Actual Lyrics: We were looking for Mark David. / Lamb of God won't you grant us?

I have a feeling that I've actually posted this before.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-06-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Organ Grinder

Actual Lyrics: Let's do a funny little dance with my funny little monkey. / Here is my real head!

Misheard Lyrics: Let's do a funny little dance with my buddy little monkey. / Fear is my real Hell!

Cyclops

Actual Lyrics: Dilate!

Misheard Lyrics: Die later!

Dope Hate

Actual Lyrics: My big top tricks will always make you happy, but we all know the hat is wearing me.

Misheard Lyrics: My bitter tricks will always make you happy, but we all know the hat is wearing me.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 09-14-2014 at 04:00 PM.

For the longest time I always thought he was saying "Not just, not just yet" in 1996

Long time ago, when I was little, I thought that the "nineteen-ninety-six!!" screams on 1996 were actually "I feel, I feel sick".

I also remember reading about it being misheard as "God does not exist!", and it's very easily for me to imagine it being just that whenever I listen to that part of 1996.

I think this is the thread to write the following:

for the longest time, it has buggd me the fact that there are some lyrics that I've never confirmed what they actually say. For example: in Tourniquet, after the 2nd. chorus, he says something, which I've always understood as "what I wanted, what I neeed, what I got for me". But I can't be sure.

My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicanfiend View Post
    I think this is the thread to write the following:

for the longest time, it has buggd me the fact that there are some lyrics that I've never confirmed what they actually say. For example: in Tourniquet, after the 2nd. chorus, he says something, which I've always understood as "what I wanted, what I neeed, what I got for me". But I can't be sure.
    Right?! After the final chorus too, sounds like he's saying, "Take it out, take it out, get up out of me..." but those lyrics have never been confirmed. Always bugged me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    Right?! After the final chorus too, sounds like he's saying, "Take it out, take it out, get up out of me..." but those lyrics have never been confirmed. Always bugged me too.
    ¡Exactly!

Other doubt I have comes from Antichrist Superstar. In the booklet, after the "prick your finger, it is done..." lines, says "it is done". I've never heard that line, studio or live versions, and I wonder if it's just a line he forgot to sing.