Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is revenge always wrong?

It's perfectly fine if you can get away with it and no one is to the wiser.

Depends on what your morals are and the situation/offense I suppose.... I prefer to let karma do my dirty work (and it usually does), but I do have a good chuckle when it strikes. ;)
    Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?
    Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand....

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I don't think I could ever become completely above vengeful thoughts and emotions. However, it seems like when it comes to anger, hatred, and fighting, it seems best, or even arguably mostly reasonable and legal to do it strictly for self defense.

However, it's still hard for me to imagine people that try to kill and/or torture you deserving of any of your forgiveness, compassion, and mercy. At that point, they might as well be wild animals or monsters, especially if it truly is a kill or be killed type of situation. This has occurred to me more and more whenever I looked up videos of violent and criminal acts among people on Google and YouTube.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-25-2014 at 10:41 PM. Reason: I admittedly went a bit too crazy there. =P

Hell no it isn't wrong. A motherfucker trips you, you rip one of their legs off! End of story.

Revenge feels wonderful in the moment, but you must remember, in time, you will get yours!
    ......so, it's another double-edged sword in life.

Eat Internet Primadonnas

Quote Originally Posted by blue angel View Post
    Revenge feels wonderful in the moment, but you must remember, in time, you will get yours!
    ......so, it's another double-edged sword in life.
    It wouldn't be a double-edged sword for masochists. Hell, they'd probably use the sword to cut themselves after chopping someone else down.

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I think one of the many reasons why I've brought up revenge several times was not just because I've always had a problem in dealing with feelings of anger and hatred, but also because I've felt like I've never really deserved forgiveness, and deserved revenge a whole lot more. I've also seen forgiveness, empathy, sympathy, and compassion as more of optional privileges than mandatory rights, which is why I'm grateful and also consider myself to be fortunate when those things are offered to me.

I don't know why this didn't occur to me any sooner, but it was most likely from my emotions clouding my judgement again. I'm still trying to let go and move on though, and still figured that attacking should strictly be done in self-defense in most cases, whether it be verbal or physical. Revenge is also sometimes inevitably attached to misery, since it can also lead to depression and guilt. However, I'd still have a hard time saying that revenge is absolutely wrong, especially if some fucker is actually having it in for you over little to no reason.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-24-2014 at 09:34 AM.