Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: [0007]: Aug 12 2014 - Lucerna - Prague, Czech Republic

Visit Banshee's Youtube Channel

We're home now too. The show was amazing! The new guitar guy is fine, but Tyler adds a whole new level to the sound, I loved it and hope they will keep two guitars (and Tyler!). That was for me the main difference between Vienna (without Tyler) and Prague (with him). Bass suits Twiggy better, I loved the new band. Sweet Dreams on stilts in Prague were very nice (I normally hate that song). The setlist changes were nice too!
    I preferred the venue in Vienna though, despite it being open air and that it was raining - Lucerna is beautiful, but they should finally do something about the air supply - there was none during the whole show - it was like one huge marble steam pot.
    Before the show, we got Texas Radio by the Doors in Vienna, and this hilarious song before both shows (right before the intro):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcRG_HkkoPA
    We made some videos at both shows, I need to look at them and if they're any good, will upload them to youtube, as always (they're HD).
    And here's a photo of the setlist:

2. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Loved the band's performance during Mister Superstar. By far the strongest sounding live incarnation of the group since The Golden Age of Grotesque. Tyler Bates and Gil Sharone are fucking bosses, Twiggy is an institution in his own right, and Paul Wiley can clearly play. However, Manson's vocal performance leaves a lot to be desired, imo.

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Lord MeowMeow View Post
    Loved the band's performance during Mister Superstar. By far the strongest sounding live incarnation of the group since The Golden Age of Grotesque. Tyler Bates and Gil Sharone are fucking bosses, Twiggy is an institution in his own right, and Paul Wiley can clearly play. However, Manson's vocal performance leaves a lot to be desired, imo.
    Yeah, I wish Manson would either play to a vocal backing track on choruses (which would mean he'd have to actually remember the words) or allow one of the other 3 people to sing backup, so he can actually sing his lines. The screaming still sounds pretty solid about 80% of the time, but by doing it he's killing his voice to the point where he can't sing basic lower octave lines. He's not 25 anymore, he's going to wreck his vocal chords for good if he doesn't make some changes.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

There's some amazing video's coming out from these few shows. Can't wait for a full blown tour for the new album.

8. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Forgetting the lyrics, or just 'updating' them? I would still be amused at that as long as it isn't mumbled slurs. I"m liking the new 'updates,' best be hitting that Vaginia soon!
    Last edited by Shock Hazard; 08-13-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. With two guitarists, Manson sounds near-90s level again in my opinion. I mean, I went into the THEoL tour a complete fanboy, but I just couldn't help but be sadly disappointed, even after weeks of trying to convince myself "no, it's awesome, really." The BV tour, things improved immensely, but there was a bit of disorganization here and there, it took awhile to get into the groove, etc. etc. I had moderate expectations with this summer tour, I thought it'd be a warmup to next year, maybe slightly below par to some of the better dates of 2013 considering he hadn't played in awhile, but a good test for the new members. I have to say, when I first saw a video of Angel With the Scabbed Wings in Utrecht, it was the first time in about half a decade where I didn't cringe inside at a single point. In fact, I found myself... for some reason... headbanging, with enthusiasm and energy. My expectations were utterly fucking shattered. A second guitarist is exactly (EXACTLY) the ingredient that Manson has been missing, and I've had that thought since first seeing him with Rammstein. The way his voice has evolved, the way the technology has evolved, and the things that can be done backstage to substitute for most of the important synth parts, two guitars makes the music sound how it should be live, and adds a whole new level to it all. I could literally hear the difference in massive ways on the dates Tyler wasn't playing, and then I went back and watched some of the 2013 dates. It just sounds to me that something is missing in his live show these days without two guitars, it isn't complete. Seeing the first few videos from the most recent date, again, fucking killer. Mr. Manson, keep two guitarists, and don't ever change that for the rest of your career.

Full show!
    Thanks for upload this, Pulzní Červ!
    This night is amazing.

12. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

Thank you sooooooooooooooo much Pflumtamas! You have no idea how happy this has made me!
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by pflumtamas View Post
    Full show!
    Thanks for upload this, Pulzní Červ!
    This night is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrsxyzBkAV8
    I'm actually quite surprised. He really does have a TON of energy. Granted, he's slurring a bit, and mumbles BUT it makes me hopeful for the next tour, which I will be sure to attend.
    Last edited by Eatmeh_Drinkmeh; 08-14-2014 at 01:43 AM.

Question: What is the music that's playing at or around 13mins? Anyone know?
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post