Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Interview, Daisy Berkowitz, Portrait of an ex- Marilyn Manson member

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

The "honor" of being part of the band? He and Manson are the Co-Founders of Marilyn Manson as we know it/him. No Gein + No Daisy = Marilyn Manson would probably never have gone as far as he has, existed as we know his music today or even survived as long as he/they did as a band. He relied heavily on them in the early stage as far as imagery, fashion, visual arts, concepts as well as obviously the music. He had to start somewhere and those two were the only two originally that he needed to start up and really propel into the mainstream music world.

What's really interesting is he started out just talking to a lot of locals about his idea's including the original members in a Borders book store.

We've mostly seen the pictures. This is a picture of Manson from around 89 - 90 at the beginning of his career in music.

And another. Yep.

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 12-22-2016 at 04:59 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Hmmmms

"And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

4. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow bitteralmonds On Twitter

I'm aware that Daisy was the band's co-founder and that Manson was very dependent on him and Gidget Gein in the early days. Brian Tutunick even went so far to as to claim that Manson wanted to be a writer until he met Daisy.

As for Gidget, the idea of carrying lunchboxes was his idea and so was the image of the band of Satan-worshipping, cross-dressing drug fiends. Gidget also gave Stephen Bier the nickname Pogo and coined the name Sara Lee Lucas. Twiggy's original image of a childish crossdresser was essentially a combination of Gidget's image along with Jessicka's gothic kinderwhore image.

"The honor of being the band's Jason Newsted" was a sarcastic reference to the fact that Daisy spent his last days in the band being the butt of everyone's jokes and didn't enjoy it. I can't imagine why (that was also sarcasm). Like so: https://youtu.be/zZP3pUojq1M?t=1h8m22s

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Yeah so this guy called Penance Sentence has been sexually harassing me via Inbox for about a week now.
    Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to take it?

I don't wanna see the poor guy get banned or nothing.... Maybe if he sent me a text of his dick I would me more responsive?

Anyone know this guy? Fucking guy just randomly starts sending me death threats and descriptions if weird shit he's gonna do to me.
    Pretty interesting dude..

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    Yeah so this guy called Penance Sentence has been sexually harassing me via Inbox for about a week now.
    Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to take it?

I don't wanna see the poor guy get banned or nothing.... Maybe if he sent me a text of his dick I would me more responsive?

Anyone know this guy? Fucking guy just randomly starts sending me death threats and descriptions if weird shit he's gonna do to me.
    Pretty interesting dude..
    LOL - He's harmless. And thanks for clarifying that, BitterAlmonds. I was going to get into that, I was just thrown off a bit by that comment because I see it so much, but not in the context that you used it.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

If Daisy is such a musical and artistic genius - why didn't he have his own career? I'm not bashing any of his ex-bandmembers, just saying... and of course Manson had a lot of help and inspiration from other artists and early band members...ob-fucking-viously he did. On the other hand: If Daisy had stayed in the band, Antichrist Superstar would have sounded like Portrait V2.0 and gotten the band nowhere. Working with the right people, getting rid of the right people... Manson has always shown his ability to make wise career decisions. Looking at most of the ex-members now and how all they do is being on facebook 16 hours a day nowadays...is the best confirmation for that. Except the ones in that zombie band.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    If Daisy is such a musical and artistic genius - why didn't he have his own career? I'm not bashing any of his ex-bandmembers, just saying... and of course Manson had a lot of help and inspiration from other artists and early band members...ob-fucking-viously he did. On the other hand: If Daisy had stayed in the band, Antichrist Superstar would have sounded like Portrait V2.0 and gotten the band nowhere. Working with the right people, getting rid of the right people... Manson has always shown his ability to make wise career decisions. Looking at most of the ex-members now and how all they do is being on facebook 16 hours a day nowadays...is the best confirmation for that. Except the ones in that zombie band.
    That's true. Trent & co. just simply revamped/made Antichrist Superstar more louder and industrial sounding around the framework of the riffs that Daisy and Twiggy had written. That's true about Daisy though. I really couldn't tell you what happened. At least Skold, Vrenna, Ginger and John have enormous talent outside of their contributions to Marilyn Manson. Pogo still does, but as for Daisy and Gein, they were really just only good at what they were good at at the time. Zim Zum is still a good guitarist. He's at least attempted to keep his career going at points. As for the other fill in's aside from Gil and Sutter, I don't never really followed what they've done prior to and post Manson tours. Fred is still keeping it "fresh" though. - lol - He should somehow still be a part of the band. He really needs to be back on stage for some role.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 12-23-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Clearly, he's been too busy riding on a bicycle built for two. Actually, I really do not understand any of Daisy's decisions and won't pretend that I do. He's a competent enough guitarist, yet has chosen to do virtually nothing. It's understandable post 2007, because then his health started failing him in a big way, but before that? No clue. I kinda wish he'd stayed with Jack Off Jill longer, because "Star No Star" was one of my favorite tracks on "Clear Hear, Grey Flowers" and he apparently co-wrote it with Jessicka and Robin Moulder.

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    Looking at most of the ex-members now and how all they do is being on facebook 16 hours a day nowadays...is the best confirmation for that. Except the ones in that zombie band.
    Not totally true. Tim Sköld, Chris Vrenna, and Fred Sablan hardly ever post on Facebook. To be fair, though, the three of them had careers before Marilyn Manson, so the fact that they're all doing pretty well isn't too surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    Pogo still does, but as for Daisy and Gein, they were really just only good at what they were good at at the time.
    Gein's troubles with addiction probably didn't help any, either. Like Daisy and Pogo, he also didn't seem to have much business savvy. The Spooky Kids seemed kind of symbiotic in a way. Maybe he, Daisy, and Pogo all really need a Manson-type around to keep them focused and without one, they're just kind of lost. Lord knows.
    Last edited by bitteralmonds; 12-23-2016 at 07:05 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by bitteralmonds View Post

he (manson) also went completely fucking berserk when Daisy showed up at a concert in Australia during the Mechanical Animals tour.
    Can you elaborate?
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    Can you elaborate?
    It's chronicled in this interview with Alternative Press: http://kerulet.pl/manson/prasa/granica/ap1.htm . But the TL;DR version is:

Daisy was in the audience during the Big Day Out festival where Marilyn Manson was among those playing.

Manson found out and flew into a rage. He demanded that his personal assistant and bodyguard find Daisy and bring him hither for ... some reason and called Daisy a "big-boil faced monkey with a lot of my money", a "boil with legs", and a "pussy vulture." The writer says that he made all kinds of vague threats against Daisy's well-being but doesn't specify what those were.

Later on in the interview, Manson also bragged about getting Daisy fired from Jack Off Jill (though Jessicka and Daisy have both since denied this) and insisted that Daisy's lawsuit was unjustified and he was not being cheated out of royalties. Comedy gold.

18. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post