Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Doll-Dagga-Buzz-Buzz-Ziggety-Zag

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Default Doll-Dagga-Buzz-Buzz-Ziggety-Zag

Cursive faces, goose-steeping to the dance floor, all with the committed intent to get a 'buzz.' Dagga might be a reference to the the South American plant, which induces psycho active effects. With the rebellious adolescent 'playing' and the self-righteous saying, this appears to me as a commentary on the desire to hide from the horrors of life by simply pretending there are not any. With such despair, someone must have an answer!

Like any predator playing with the 'toys,' there is always a will to deceive by portraying unrealistic fantasies as truth and hope in a world laden with grief and misery to those same figurines who are expendable and get suckered into an enigmatic system. Essentially a story of escaping reality with a fantasy of fabled love with the deity Venus wearing furs and then coming to snap into reality and find the 'love' is just a matter of dominance and control, "Venus in Furs," written by Leopold von Sacher-Masoch (his last name is where 'masochism' comes from), in the song has a reference to not the warmth and safety of 'furs' which love would inspire, but "in uniforms" as constricting clothing for someone who then becomes a product by buying into the image as love as a product.

With so much familiarity of the majority of people buying into this product and then spewing derogatory condemnations at those who do not buy into this tainted perception of love, it creates a fascism of love as just another commodity. The song appears outwardly as very rhythm-based and upbeat, but it then seems entirely sardonic and sinister when you begin to think of how the story tells of succumbing to this idea of love, just to fill the void that compounds self-loathing, fear and despair. The idea of being driven to go up and down "the stairs of substance" with 'addicted' users of the same type blaring music aimed at fitting the mood of the consecrated spectacle of being bound as one hallucinatory

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

A very poignant analysis of one of his great tracks. Welcome to ProviderModule!
    - real life awaits us -

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I've discussed Cab Calloway with numerous members here over the years, specifically because Manson named his rhymes as an influence on the song's lyrical structure:-

The third track on The Golden Age Of Grotesque is Doll-Dagga-Buzz-Buzz-Ziggety-Zag (something that Manson takes the time and care to spell out and hyphenate correctly). The title was inspired by legendary scat singer Cab Calloway ("Though not 'scat' in the fecal sense," is his dry postscript).
    MM . Face Off, 2003

If you familiarise yourself with his work, the influence is clear and tangible. However, something that interested me today, was reading that not just in Calloway's music, but in swing and jazz generally during the 1920s, there was a term used phonetically, that read 'Vo-De-Oh-Do' (a variation of which can be picked out in Calloway's own arrangement Minnie The Moocher). Not only is the structure of the phrase mimicked in Manson's song title, but consider also the spelling of 'Vaudeville' in Vodevil. I would consider it absolutely deliberate that Manson chose a letter combination mirroring this archaic jazz phrase, whilst also referencing Vaudeville and indeed, The Devil.

I hope this is of some interest.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

5. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post