Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Not the best example, but glad to see they haven't fucked with it and kept it true to form. Too many re-release go too over the top with redone graphics that it feels like something else.

You can tap a button at any time to bring back the classic graphics. I bought Another World expecting it to be a Maniac Mansion style adventure game. That's not what I got but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Currently playing Rogue Legacy and FTL: Faster Than Light. And Guacamelee, and Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and Final Fantasy 12.

I have videogame ADHD.

Muddy Knees

Excuse me while my head explodes.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Update re: Shovel Knight.

I've been playing it quite a bit. I beat the game and I'm about halfway through the New Game +. It's a very fantastic and difficult game. I don't play many games, but this one is great and I'd suggest it to anyone with a 3DS, WiiU, or PC.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

I'm in the middle of random games as I've got a PS4 (in March), PS3, 3DS XL(last month) and I hooked up my a family members Wii cause they don't use it..

Quote Originally Posted by Dronepool View Post
    I'm in the middle of random games as I've got a PS4 (in March), PS3, 3DS XL(last month) and I hooked up my a family members Wii cause they don't use it..
    Apart from all the shovelware, it's a really great console. Definitely pick up No More Heroes 2. Virtual Console is also great, if a bit overpriced.
    Last edited by hellomynameisasecret; 07-10-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

Finally beat the main story so I am now onto the DLC.
    I use words sharp as a sword

Muddy Knees

If you haven't seen just how big of a letdown Watch_Dogs turned into, you've obviously been living under a rock in the video game community. Against better judgement that this game was garbage, something which was becoming ever apparent in the weeks build-up to it, I picked it up to have something to play on my PS4 besides NBA 2K14. I played a few nights, realized just how horrible it was, then promptly turned around and sold it for $45. Even that $15 charge was overpriced for the experience I got out of this game. And that's far from an exaggeration.

The reason I bring this up is because one of my favorite YouTube channels (The Rageaholic) recently put up their take on game, and it's too good not to share.

He shreds Dark Souls 2 while simultaneously recommending it:

Bombards Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

And presents a series over the downfall of gaming journalism: (this one is over the ever detestable IGN)

Obviously this is a shameless plug to one of my favorite YouTube enjoyments, but he's definitely worth checking out and I figure you guys may get some enjoyment out of him. He's extremely analytical, piercingly observant, and highly under-appreciated.

To end on a more positive note, and to show a less cynical side, here's his takes on two of my favorite games:

Super Mario RPG:

Red Dead Redemption:

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I liked Watch_Dogs for what it was. I never bought into the hype train they made about it anyways.

In other news, I scored The Last Of Us: Survival Edition off ebay for 22.00 + 4.04 shipping. Can't beat it.
    I use words sharp as a sword

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    If you haven't seen just how big of a letdown Watch_Dogs turned into, you've obviously been living under a rock in the video game community. Against better judgement that this game was garbage, something which was becoming ever apparent in the weeks build-up to it, I picked it up to have something to play on my PS4 besides NBA 2K14. I played a few nights, realized just how horrible it was, then promptly turned around and sold it for $45. Even that $15 charge was overpriced for the experience I got out of this game. And that's far from an exaggeration.
    I always expected that, though. You hear the words "pre-release review embargo", you should avoid the thing like the plague. If it wasn't just a complete load of shit, why else would they be practically banning journalists from reviewing the thing before people started handing over their money?

Last stuff I bought was the Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us DLCs. Been meaning to buy those two DLC things for ages, but never got around to it. Two of the best games ever released, hands down.

Also bought South Park: Stick of Truth and GTA-V cheap (about 20 each). Should be good for a larf, but not expecting anything amazing.
    Last edited by Homeostasis; 07-12-2014 at 06:35 PM.

Muddy Knees

Quote Originally Posted by Homeostasis View Post
    I always expected that, though. You hear the words "pre-release review embargo", you should avoid the thing like the plague. If it wasn't just a complete load of shit, why else would they be practically banning journalists from reviewing the thing before people started handing over their money?
    I'm highly aware of review embargoes left until release day being indicative of poor games, but I wanted a decent title for my PS4 so bad that I was ready to forgo it in high hopes to get some decent gaming. Watch_Dogs was simply garbage and this became immediately apparent within a few short hours. I had to recoup my losses as quickly as I could. It really is a horrendous game not worth anything but criticism and middle fingers. I wasn't even on the hype train and was still highly let down for hoping it would offer some semblance of merit. Obviously this was asking for far too much.

Unless Ubisoft can turn something around with Far Cry 4, I have given up all hope on that EA-clone of a company. Their UbiArt branch could teach them a thing or two about quality, but considering how the market majority dupes itself around every corner we'll be getting more of the same horse-shit for years to come