Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letting Go

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

Default Letting Go

I didn't know how else to put it, since this topic always boiled down to letting go, and not just with anger, sadness, resentment, and regret. For quite some time, I've always gotten into the habit of always trying to defend myself and fix everything, when the only option I had was just to let go and move on. Sure, it's always easier said than done like most things, especially within the moment, as emotions can run wild, but it certainly reminds me why a lot of life can sometimes be about letting go in order to move on. It finally really hit me this year, as sometimes the desire to always defend yourself and fix everything is a sign of never letting go.

How do you let go? What has prevented you from letting go? It also seems like knowing exactly what has prevented you from letting go will sometimes actually help you let go. It's still new to me, but even if you can fix something, or successfully defend yourself while being completely right, doesn't always mean that you should, or have to.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 06-24-2014 at 10:28 AM.

--------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Letting go can be a process to go through, first, look for an outlet, or something that will take up all of your attention or some of it, and make a habit of doing something different. Or meet someone new, build that friendship up, make it your rock and a happy place (or whatever). If applicable, smoke some weed in the process. You'll find that whatever doesn't benefit you won't be around anymore. It all depends on the circumstances and what exactly it is you're trying to let go of. Good luck letting go of whatever it is that you're clinging on to.

Well as it's often as it's been said, time is the best healer. Once new traffic comes and goes, these things will naturally flush themselves out. All you can really do is learn from these situations and move on. The pros and cons can usually be reasoned with. It's not anymore rational to dwell in the past about things you can't change and inflicting even more negativity. Don't waste anymore time defending, reslience and prosperity will be it's own defense. Using some form of personal expression can be a strong voice.

Letting go of cigerettes was surprisingly easy for me after smoking for about 10 years. Pretty much did it overnight. I guess self-control can be the hardest thing to gain control over, but it's possible to overcome anything with the right mind set.

I've done that before also, (quitting cigarettes), you know how you know you're gaining control? You can feel yourself defeating the urge to light up another stick, but you don't even act upon that urge, instead you're distracted with doing something else and sticking to it. Ignoring your urge to smoke anything, and thus your mindset completely takes over. You'll start to want to eat a lot to regain balance, and eventually get a lot of your senses back, such as taste, smell, sight, sensitivity. It's almost like becoming a born again somebody all over again.
    I still smoke cigarettes out of fucking boredom, but .... it isn't a long term thing. I would prefer to be stuck on weed to detract from cigarettes, but that isn't possible right now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    I'm smoking those right now?

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    I should clarify: I use cigarettes to let go. They honestly help me with my crazy redhead temper.... They relax me, which helps me let go of a lot of negative energy and the original cause/thought/emotion that triggered the initial negative energy. Give in to nicotine! Just kidding, kids.

On the quitting end, I did while pregnant, picked it up again because of nights like this where my daughter snuffs out my sleep schedule. (She is killing me- I'm raising a murderer-I can see it now.)
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Give away the stone.
    Let the oceans take and transmutate this cold and fated anchor.
    Give away the stone.
    Let the waters kiss and transmutate these leaden grudges into gold.
    Let go.
    Let go.
    Let go.
    Let go.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Does this help? :p

Understand that everything is transient, nothing is permanent. Approach the good and bad in your life like that long enough, and eventually it will begin to come naturally. It takes time, but there's no point hanging on to the things you have no control over.