Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bates Interview: "I Co-Wrote & Produced Manson's New Record"

Default Tyler Bates Interview: "I Co-Wrote & Produced Manson's New Record"

WAMG: What other projects are coming up for you?

TB: For now, I’m going on tour. I just finished co-writing and producing Marilyn Manson’s new record. That was fantastic. We have a great relationship and we’re very good friends. We work very naturally together, so this music was really just us having fun. It turned out to be his new album. We worked hard on it and really enjoyed it. He did bring it to my attention that it would be insane of me not to go out and play this record with him. It’s obviously a rare opportunity and it’s where I come from – making records in my earlier days. I’m super psyched!

I’m fortunate to have the TV show “Salem” that did really well its first season. The people involved in that are so great. It was such a pleasure to work with them. Manson and I did the title sequence on that, which will return for another season.

I’m working on another show called “Kingdom” which I’m very excited about. It is a drama centered around a Mixed Martial-Arts gym and the family that owns it.

I just finished on a movie with Keanu Reeves and Willem Dafoe called JOHN WICK. That was very cool. As with GUARDIANS, there are songs interspersed in this film as well. There’s a song I wrote with Marilyn Manson. There’s a song I wrote with my friend Ciscandra Nostalghia, whose career is blowing up right now. I worked on the score with my friend Joel Richard. It’s really a great collection of people on the team.

full interview here http://www.wearemoviegeeks.com/2014/...r-tyler-bates/
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    My world is unaffected... Unpretty Unsafe's Avatar
    Add Unpretty Unsafe on Facebook

I'd be excited for any new Manson record, and have been for each one in the last 18 years. But Tyler's an incredible musician and composer, that it makes me even more pumped for this album. Sad to see Fred go, but glad that Twiggy's on bass again. So, to sound like a broken record again, I'm pumped!

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

On the subject of Guardians, I'm seeing that today. Did he say there is a Manson song in that? Or was he purely just referencing John Wick?
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I am way more excited for the new album than Born Villain, maybe because MM finally got his best producer in years.

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

And what about Twiggy?

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    And what about Twiggy?
    I didn't like BV's sound at all, it was all over the place.
    I think it left a lot to be desired musically.

We've only heard 40 seconds of Cupid, and it already sounds far better than anything musically on BV in my opinion that is.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

twiggy is my favourite musician to every play in Manson and is known to have written a lot of good songs. But he write such easy riffs and basic songs. It was good for antichrist superstar and mechanical animals and even holy wood. But without a guy like "trent reznor,pogo,john 5" his songs come across way to basic. No reflection is played in an opening tuning and just strums open e chord over and over. So i feel if Manson wants to make a good album musically, guys like twiggy, fred and jason are not gonna give you that. Twiggy is a below average guitarist. Tyler Bates on the other hand is a musical genius and is made for writing songs, especially with a lot of depth. Twiggy is a good addition to have with bates and especially Gill Sharone because now you got the sickest bass player, the sickest drummer and a fucking wicked producer. With manson writing lyrics. What could possibly go wrong. This is the best line up the band has had in years.
    Im An Entity In Which Is Invisible To Mankind...

12. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

Thanks for the interview. Considering Tyler Bates' writing influences, this album is now set to completely wreck house while being a huge progression for Manson's sound and style. I can't fucking wait.

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

I'm going to get myself hired as Tyler Bates butler. I will refer to him exclusively as "Master Bates."

16. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

He mentions the new album again in another interviews

Q: You’re working on, or have completed, an action thriller called JOHN WICK. What can you tell us about this score?

Tyler Bates: JOHN WICK is a Keannu Reeves movie also starring Willem Dafoe and John Leguizamo. It’s cool. The way I came into the fold on that is the director’s wanted some piece of music from Marilyn Manson, and they called inquiring about that. I’d just written and produced Manson’s new record with him, and so they were directed to me to listen to the new record, and so we had a meeting over here. They loved the record so they licensed one of the songs to be the main thematic song in the film, and then they asked if I would score the movie.

This is the only time he mentions MM but if you want to read the whole here is the link :http://www.buysoundtrax.com/larsons_...ax_8_7_14.html

By the way it was announced today that the movie John Wick will be released on October 24 ,so its a safe bet to say that the new album should drop around that time !!! link :http://www.screendaily.com/news/dist...076132.article
    Sorry for my poor english ,i'm a french Canadian from Montréal

18. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post