Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

Thread: Marilyn Manson live in Lincoln, NE 8/16/07

Default Marilyn Manson live in Lincoln, NE 8/16/07

Marilyn Manson
    Lincoln, NE
    8/16/07

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,
    MOTHERFUCKERS
    <3 <3

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Annnnyway.

It's not the best audio or footage I've shot (not even from my first tour worth of footage!), but I still think it's pretty good. Certainly worth watching if you were there and want to experience the show again.

This is actually the online debut of this footage. I'd never posted it before because the audio's kinda muddy (I was forced to film from practically the last row of the seats to dodge security), and it's missing roughly a minute or so of "Putting Holes in Happiness" 'cause the tape somehow rewound a bit and randomly started recording again from inside my bag while I was talking to Tim Skold after the show, but w/e.

If nothing else it's worth it JUST to see Manson give mad props to the guy who crowdsurfed up to the front IN A WHEELCHAIR during "Sweet Dreams.../Lunchbox," ffs! Jesus. WOW. Wish I'd seen that happening earlier so I could have filmed it better!

Also, if you watch the post-show 'Phants & pals footage you'll see the sign I stole from the venue leaning up against the wall outside where I found it in the background.

I snatched it IMMEDIATELY and used a Slayer shirt I found in the seats after the show was over to cover it up and as I was hanging on the barricade by the buses after the show and hanging out with Tim Skold, Chris Vrenna, Ginger Fish, and Rob Holiday I kept poking corners of it out for them to autograph RIGHT in front of the venue security, lol. I didn't even mean to present a fresh corner for each of them but somehow it worked out and I'm just glad I didn't get caught! Haha, good times.

Unfortunately, it didn't QUITE fit in my luggage and the top of the sign snapped off going through airport security on the way home...but that's still fixable. Someday! In the meantime, here's a pic of it in all its glory, lol:

Also, BEFORE the show the local cops and venue security came up to me to harass me about passing around my Manson communion wafers and cups. It wasn't actual alcohol in the cups so it was fine, I simply had to stand in the designated "protest zone" instead of passing them freely up and down the line. I tried explaining very patiently that I wasn't PROTESTING the show, I was there to ENHANCE it...but they weren't hearing it. I even tried being up front with them, like "Trust me, the protesters DON'T want me over there with them," lol, but still no dice. All this had happened to me before elsewhere and it just made it more hilarious so I finally just said FUCK IT and went where they told told me.

Hahaha.

Whatever.

4. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

That's Cheryl at the end of the video right? lol, I still remember your big post about your trip with her.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

OMFG, there were entire THREADS about that nightmare-trainwreck-clusterfuck of a roadtrip partner, lol.

But at least it was always a source of relief that they were the worst I'd ever have to deal with.

Ohhhh, how wrong I was...

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post