Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 9.11

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

I've always indulged in conspiracy theories because they are fun to perpetuate and also just listen to or read if for nothing else. They do exist, and a good deal of them have proven to be true decades later. As for 9/11 I am not calling it a conspiracy even though conspirators did conspire to accomplish something. The problem I have is with the 9/11 commissions report as well as the media narrative. The hijackers were Saudi and Israeli nationals. Keep in mind that you really have to possess a keen political and military...even business ethics understanding to figure out what happened on 9/11. From an everyday civilian witness or someone with access to public intel and sources you may have a pretty acute insight into the events but it's not the entire picture. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of squashed or rarely publicized first hand accounts from first responders or survivors. It won't change anything even if it is ever proven somehow that it was an inside job. It really won't. What I find interesting is the discovery of nuclear thermite at the WTC site. That and also testimony from aeronautical engineers along with physicists who have stated that aircraft the size of a Boeing 747 traveling at the velocity they were, .5 mach, and the maneuvers they made below or right at sea level is impossible. Those are the two things that pique my interest. There's a lot more that does but either way it was an act of terrorism and nothing is going to bring back those who lost their lives. Edit - Just adding a few tidbits. Even with non blurry video stills, there were no windows on the planes and they lacked the US Airways stripes and insignia on the tail as well as sides of the planes. First hand accounts from witnesses, even the media first reported the first plane as a military cargo jet. As for the pentagon ...I can't say much. They found very little debris and the type of engine they found was not the same kind that was being used by that type of airliner. No passenger remains. No luggage. Nothing. It's always going to be an interesting topic to discuss.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 09-12-2014 at 06:38 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/9/11_co...uther_thinking

I'm not typically a fan of Chomsky or RW, but in this case they hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I don't think anybody here, especially myself, is remotely qualified to discuss matters of a long history of international politics, the specifics of radical Islamist sects, decisions made by US and world leaders, or any other matters in a long list of nuanced details and decisions that culminated in those buildings coming down. Talking heads talk and townsfolk talk and politicians talk and I talk and maybe one percent of those people have the slightest idea of what they're even talking about. I don't know what happened so I'm just gonna shut the fuck up about it.
    ...which is exactly what somebody who is part of the conspiracy WOULD say.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

MMT is responsible for 9/11 :(
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Grab the pitchforks.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

Oh no, MMT asked me where I live, in another thread.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Skip to 1:27:24, Is it deja vu all over again?.. I think I'm the only person here who thinks that the 9/11 bombing attacks are no different than the infamous Japs who invented the kamikaze dive to blow up enemy ships. Sure, they have different religious beliefs but both of them have one thing in common when it comes to suicidal bombing attacks: "Securing their places in the heavens above as gods and meeting virgins."

Imagine Al Qaeda or any other suicidal terrorist using this same tactic in air attacks on U.S. fleet, they could've started a post-WW 2 era or World War 3.
    Last edited by Mi-CroMartie; 09-13-2014 at 04:43 AM.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-CroMartie View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZcYthXZYMo

Skip to 1:27:24, Is it deja vu all over again?.. I think I'm the only person here who thinks that the 9/11 bombing attacks are no different than the infamous Japs who invented the kamikaze dive to blow up enemy ships. Sure, they have different religious beliefs but both of them have one thing in common when it comes to suicidal bombing attacks: "Securing their places in the heavens above as gods and meeting virgins."

Imagine Al Qaeda or any other suicidal terrorist using this same tactic in air attacks on U.S. fleet, they could've started a post-WW 2 era or World War 3.
    What?

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

I don't reckon 'Jihadi John' is made up, but his emergent identity seems a bit convenient. Definitely more realistic than 9/11 though.

DON'T LET THEM KNOW HOW FAR YOU GO...

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I don't reckon 'Jihadi John' is made up, but his emergent identity seems a bit convenient. Definitely more realistic than 9/11 though.
    What?

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye