Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [0012]: Nov 01 2014 - The Roxy - West Hollywood, California

Yeah, maybe you should do some research on circles and diamonds you stupid bitch. Get the fuck out of here with your pleb questions.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Lol, I wasn't trying to be snarky or mean in the least bit FEEDYOURHEAD. Sorry if it came across that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Over neath Man View Post
    Lol, I wasn't trying to be snarky or mean in the least bit FEEDYOURHEAD. Sorry if it came across that way.
    No it's cool I do get the point you were making, in that Manson's use of symbols can usually be properly interpreted with a bit of good contextual research. I'm just not sure that researching a circle is really going to yield a remotely accurate result in this case lol.

Cringeon seems to know what the actual meaning behind it is, so it would be cool if he could just say what it is or point in the appropriate direction, for those of us who couldn't make it to the show and have put in the time to notice details like that and express an interest in such.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

My videos from the first. The VIP section was furthest from the stage, so image isn't much use but audio is decent. I was right at the soundboard right behind Hugh & Mark Boone Junior This was probably the best sounding show performance wise, the band just was really tight all around but Halloween was special just cause the audience was crazy and the band brought the chaos. Welcome to the Revolution.

Deep Six

No Reflection

Sweet Dreams (ending clip)

Cupid Carries A Gun

Third Day Of A Seven Day Binge

Mr. Superstar

The Beautiful People

6. Like 15 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Thanks Cringeon!

Deep Six is a great opening song. I also hope Mister Superstar sticks around in the set list when he next comes to the UK, loving the videos of that.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    No it's cool I do get the point you were making, in that Manson's use of symbols can usually be properly interpreted with a bit of good contextual research. I'm just not sure that researching a circle is really going to yield a remotely accurate result in this case lol.

Cringeon seems to know what the actual meaning behind it is, so it would be cool if he could just say what it is or point in the appropriate direction, for those of us who couldn't make it to the show and have put in the time to notice details like that and express an interest in such.
    This could be entirely off-base, but this was my personal take on the circle. It reminded me of witch symbols, so I figured I'd look in that direction. It works in a way, but in the end it's just some random musings of mine since I found them interesting as well.

http://www.providermodule.com/forum/...l=1#post173345

Killer vids, Cringeon. I can't wait to catch this tour. This current lineup is such a turnaround from the band's weak showing at a couple of the previous tours. I still haven't listened to the new stuff live, but people seem to be loving it. Fuck yeah.

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I'm impressed with the current line up skills, the songs just sound well executed, with all instruments/notes sounding clear and the original tracks beeing respected. That Sweet Dreams snipet was amazing. Both the guitars and Gil are doing great! Did something happened during Third Day though? Not sure but I got the impression something was missing. Also is there a back pre-recorded "mmm" playing together with Manson's singing on that part?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead View Post
    lyrics heard in Cupid....

"Better pray for hell and not hollywood"

"She fucks like a comet"
    http://www.iphoneogram.com/p/8448449...08224_9076875/

13. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Quick question about Manson's makeup here. That blue circle on his forehead - what is it? Is it supposed to be like a third eye TOOL-esque thing? Or is it just cool makeup with no symbolism behind it?
    The circle on his forehead is reminiscent of David Bowie's makeup during the Ziggy Stardust era, as shown here: http://phishthoughts.com/wp-content/...dbmickrock.jpg

Some say that Bowie wore this golden circle on his forehead to represent Apollo, the sun god in Greek mythology. Apollo is also the god of "truth and prophecy, healing, plague, music, poetry, and more." You can find info on Apollo here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo
    This page also says that Apollo is considered a healer and a protector from evil, which is interesting when referenced by Manson.

However, Manson does wear a blue circle instead of a golden one. Blue most typically represents purity and innocence. I am just pulling this all together now, but could it be a symbol that maybe he is making a statement about his Christ-like identity that he has created over the years? Maybe he is saying something about his message as a whole- that he is trying to do good and be a positive influence? Does he just like circles and the color blue?

Who knows. I haven't the time right now to fully formulate a theory, but I can come back to this at a later time. I just hope this will help you in your research if you wanted to do any.

15. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

I hope Cupid Carries A Gun has some sort of a buildup or intro thing in the album version. It sounds like one of those iconic long atmospheric tracks that stand out in all the great MM albums like Man That You Fear, Minute of Decay, Speed of Pain etc. It sounds amazing as it is being played but I wish it has that buildup and maybe an outro too as I can see it potentially being one of those tracks that always end up being my long lasting favorites.

Thanks Cringeon for those amazing recorings. Watching those videos inspired me to listen a whole bunch of my favorite MM songs that I hadn't listened to in a long time.

17. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post