Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall of the House of Death - Escaping from Hell

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Default Fall of the House of Death - Escaping from Hell

This isn't going to be over the top and is more of a placeholder until the record is released when we can pick apart the lyrics and have a broader idea of the album concept(s). I am just going to state some obvious things for now. I'd also like to add some ambiance for reading. A score for this as it lacks pretty pictures that get most peoples attention like coloring books. Text is boring. Hmm, what's an appropriate song? I've got one. I think this one here is an appropriate tone setter.

In Tarot decks, Death is card number XIII. This track is also the 13th track of the deluxe edition. It also has a direct correlation to playing cards where the 9 of Spades is the most malevolent of them all. Obviously this is the 9th studio album dealt to us by our "AIDS of Space". Just as "Obsequey (The Death of Art)" concluded "The Golden Age of Grotesque", so this track concludes "The Pale Emperor".

"They taste tension because it is their life. Stop looking for ourselves. Bored towards most of it.
    We have grown to complain. I am a door to all of the worst who are jittery. Crazy people pretend me to not give a fuck./
    No one is more abnormal or unimportant than them. I tried. I fucked them, still. No more establishing. Bored. Don't accept them. Bite their bullet. There is fresh something. Their lifestyle is fucked."

Due to not being able to post lyrics currently from the newly debuted songs in Santa Ana and Hollywood, I can't be more specific, but for those who have attended the shows or watched the videos in their designated sections, you can take a tour of this "House of Death" or art gallery/museum of your imagination and revolve around it on your own for now, (not to be posted), and yoke them anyway you'd like. "This aint no museum, no coliseum. This is your mausoleum.".

What we can mention and post for now are song titles and imagery. With that said, and with what was presented above, I'd like to add that each record starting with "Antichrist Superstar" has ended in the abject fatality of something. Whether it be something symbolical, a character, or what he himself is/what the canvas of his audience has blended into. "Deep Six" so to speak. "To
    destroy or dispose of (something) irretrievably". However, to be predictably cryptic using Manson lyrics, "You decide if you can live or you decide to let someone decide for you". To me, even though the story has yet to even be unraveled, we know how this will inevitably end for most even though there is an opt out of this wager for all. It's a game of choice and luck. The question is can you identify your real saviour and who is your deceiver? That decides the outcome.

In "The Tragical History of the Life and Death of Dr.Faustus" the character Mephistopheles/Mephistophillis, the "sympathetic devil" witnesses a deal that Faustus makes with Lucifer. He is warned but fails to see that what he has done cannot be undone, unable to escape as he is being cajoled into staying loyal to Hell and kept from repenting by Mephistopheles, (the one who forewarned Faustus to begin with), who also made a pact with Lucifer. He initially did not want Faustus make the same mistakes he did. However, the ending of the play leave with it a bit of ambiguity. "Faustus's friends discover his clothes strewn about the stage. From this they conclude that Faustus was damned. However, his friends decide to give him a final party, a religious ceremony that hints at salvation. The discovery of the clothes is a scene present only in the later B text of the play. In the earlier version of the play, devils carry Faustus off the stage.".

"Antichrist Superstar" was described as being the biggest lie ever told as well as being not just one person but a collective consciousness. "I didn't have to sell you/I'm on my way down now, I'd like to take you with me". It's a suicidal revolution. Mephistopheles is referred to in some texts as "Heavens Liar". The House of Death Collapsing, according to my preliminary interpretation, is Manson showing us the consequences of our own blindness, what was hidden or what we ignored, how we failed to heed the warnings he has always embedded in his lyrics. At the same time, as the artist and those who identify with him are conjoined as a kindred union, it is escapable and Hell is avoidable. Death, as of the world of self deception whether aesthetically or identity wise, can be overcome. We can toss more Manson lyrics around but for now we'll just keep it here. "Here's a trick that's gonna make you click". Thoughts?

Get Healed. Rise.

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 11-15-2014 at 06:54 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

2. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

The flipside of The Last Temptation Of Christ?

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I find the song "Third Day" interesting because

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

So maybe eludes to that somehow?

A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Svperstar13 View Post
    I find the song "Third Day" interesting because

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

So maybe eludes to that somehow?
    From what the lyrics are, i don't see any connection of god/religion to this song.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

7. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    From what the lyrics are, i don't see any connection of god/religion to this song.
    7 Day Binge - Creation Story
    I'm condemned to someone else's HELL
    I got bullets in the booth - Confessional

No connection?

9. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    7 Day Binge - Creation Story
    I'm condemned to someone else's HELL
    I got bullets in the booth - Confessional

No connection?
    I see what you mean. But i dont think the "Condemned to someone else's hell" is toward religion. Thats just a personal line. He feels that he is/was in the misery from others. MM is not to be taken too literal. But it might have a connection, from what you have written.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-

11. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Nemoris Inferioris View Post
    ... MM is not to be taken too literal...
    MM should be taken every way.

13. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post

Indeed.
    Memento Mori
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-

~childish snickering~ Sorry, that phrasing. However, I am seeing what you're saying, especially with him having pointed us to "The Age of Manipulation" in Deep Six, which is more blatant than usual. Him basically going "You didn't listen!", which is fitting with his exaggerations and parodies of society pretty much having become reality over the years. The book he's pointed us to, as I talked about in the thread I made about it, discusses media manipulation, and the various ways the media controls us. Considering "The Beautiful People" comes from it, along with many of Manson's worldviews, it's seems clear to me that the warning he's talking about us having not heeded is not letting ourselves be puppets of society. Despite everything, we're more under the thumb of the media than ever before, in some twisted perversion of how everything should be, to the point where politics and reality TV have become one in the same, and everything is chopped up and spoon-fed to us. Holy Wood has become reality, it seems. I remember reading the comment from one of the people that has read the book that it keeps getting more relevant every year, although I don't remember who said it. It seems Manson agrees.

16. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by HG131 View Post
    ~childish snickering~ Sorry, that phrasing. However, I am seeing what you're saying, especially with him having pointed us to "The Age of Manipulation" in Deep Six, which is more blatant than usual. Him basically going "You didn't listen!", which is fitting with his exaggerations and parodies of society pretty much having become reality over the years. The book he's pointed us to, as I talked about in the thread I made about it, discusses media manipulation, and the various ways the media controls us. Considering "The Beautiful People" comes from it, along with many of Manson's worldviews, it's seems clear to me that the warning he's talking about us having not heeded is not letting ourselves be puppets of society. Despite everything, we're more under the thumb of the media than ever before, in some twisted perversion of how everything should be, to the point where politics and reality TV have become one in the same, and everything is chopped up and spoon-fed to us. Holy Wood has become reality, it seems. I remember reading the comment from one of the people that has read the book that it keeps getting more relevant every year, although I don't remember who said it. It seems Manson agrees.
    That's what I've been saying. I've been calling this a "bet" for a while. People made a wager. He warned us. Now it's time to either run or meet your maker, as he's put it, and you're not going to like it. Lucifer, in Christianity, is the inevitable loser. So allying yourself with such an entity or an agent of his is equivalent to committing suicide.
    Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 01-07-2015 at 02:13 PM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

18. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post