Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: [002]: Jan 23 2015 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Damnit! Literally the only reason I bought a ticket to this was because I was so excited when the first setlist was posted and saw that they were really changing things up and playing 7 (!!!) songs from the new album,

Now I am bummed knowing it's back to the same stupid greatest hits repetitive thing. Excited to hear the 4 new songs live but that alone is not really worth my $75 to be honest.

I hope tonight is a bit different,and they play more of the new material because if I'd seen the set lists from the last two dates I literally wouldn't have bothered.

I could complain about things like lack of theatrics or a setlist that looks like the track listing on a greatest hits album, but goddamn is the current band tight! They were in the pocket all night! The last show I had attended before this was with Alice Cooper in Reading, PA and the band at the time seemed to be running on two cylinders. Perhaps the underwhelming performance that night was partially due to a crowd with lackluster enthusiasm. This current incarnation of the band, however, wiped me out with high energy and a tight sound! I needed someone to squeegee me off the floor when the show was over.

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

-

Father of Anarchy

Last edited by Shangri-LIE; 01-30-2015 at 08:45 AM.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add TongueTwistingStorm on Facebook Visit TongueTwistingStorm's Instagram Channel

I managed to contract the plague shortly after the show, so late in posting, but... wow. This show was everything I was hoping for and entirely worth the bruised ribs I got from the security barrier.

High energy, the band sounds fucking fantastic. During IHA, I noticed that Tyler seemed to be having the time of his life, loved seeing that.

Highlight for me was TMOLA - I've felt it was a highly emotional and painful song despite its upbeat nature, and this performance really seemed to reflect that. Pretty sure he was actually bleeding during it, and that made it a very visceral and real performance for me.

Coma White, with the flowers and blood-stained shirt and ropes was absolutely haunting.

For all the complaints about the "greatest hits" setlist... I'm not bothered by it. I've heard some of these songs five times live, but there's always some subtle different, slight nuance to make it an individual performance. If I had the funds, I'd go to every show even if the setlist never changed because it's about the experience ... I've been to a ton of shows over the past couple years and none has come close to providing the feeling that a Manson show does. I think for some of us, it's more than what songs are played, how they sound, etc. It's something I've tried to describe in the past, but have never been able to put my finger on. There's just a sense of euphoria, a "high" of sorts that I simply don't get from anything else.

7. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

Shangs, a good chunk of those photos are not from the Philly show.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Add TongueTwistingStorm on Facebook Visit TongueTwistingStorm's Instagram Channel

Coma White, one of the only photos I took:

I enjoyed the show with my phone off, but couldn't resist this.

10. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TongueTwistingStorm View Post
    Coma White, one of the only photos I took:

http://i.imgur.com/tCPg84L.jpg

I enjoyed the show with my phone off, but couldn't resist this.
    That's a beautiful photo.

I like it too, kind of looks like the mic stand is on fire...plus the blood and snow, nice imagery. Those three all stand for ephemerality for me so it blends together quite nicely in my head. And not to forget Coma White itself which features elements of ephemerality as well.
    Last edited by Dorothy; 01-31-2015 at 12:36 PM.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post