Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: "Deep Six" Lyrics Transcription

Yeah definately hearing "feathers of wax" . Here is a brief wiki on the story of Icarus:

"In Greek mythology, Icarus (the Latin spelling, conventionally adopted in English; Ancient Greek: Ἴκαρος, ═karos, Etruscan: Vikare[1]) is the son of the master craftsman Daedalus. Often depicted in art, Icarus and his father attempt to escape from Crete by means of wings that his father constructed from feathers and wax. Icarus' father warns him first of complacency and then of hubris, asking that he fly neither too low nor too high, because the sea's dampness would clog his wings or the sun's heat would melt them. Icarus ignored instructions not to fly too close to the sun, and the melting wax caused him to fall into the sea where he drowned. This tragic theme of failed ambition contains similarities to that of PhaŰthon."

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

^ Haha, at first I was all, "Phfft, wtf...everyone already knows the story of Icarus."

But I totally forgot about him falling into the sea!

So there we have it.

DEEP SIX.

\m/

So we could ask what is Manson's Crete? From where is he going to attempt to escape? Or I suppose we could say any where we stay to long becomes a prison and he is using the waxed feathers as a symbol, making it known that he's not going to gather moss anywhere.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I hear deep sex, sex, six feet deep lol
    That's what I hear too. lol
    Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?
    Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand....

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Unpretty Unsafe View Post
    He says both 'bed' AND 'bet'. Look at my post above, or listen closer. He puts emphasis on the word bet the second time, before saying, "Deep Six".
    Forgive me, I didn't see your other post.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    Men Without Shoulders
    Apple's Fall Far From The Tree.
    The Shadow of a Cross, burning into the ground.
    Days are getting
    Darker.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Anyone notice the "Yeah" gets progressively more raspy and with an echo?
    First "Yeah" is sharp like a snake bite. By the last "Yeah" it sounds like you've been swallowed by that snake and it's echoing through.
    (sorry if anyone mentioned this, didn't see any post about this)

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I keep hearing "frozowax"... I can't wait for the actual lyrics. It's driving me nuts
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

I still think it's "He didn't know snakes can hear their prey..."

Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

I can't tell what that line is, the closest I get is "he didn't know snakes can eat a brain" but he runs the 2 sentences close together so its hard to tell...
    Last edited by Manson15Marilyn; 12-28-2014 at 05:21 PM.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"