Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR PRESS THREAD (Interviews / ETC)

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ReversedHate View Post
    Other than that it's a nice interview. Born villain was a nice 'comeback' to his more raw sound like acss but Manson keeps changing his style with every record so it's hard to call anything from his discography a comeback.
    Born Villain was a comeback to being happy, productive and being together in shape and form.it wasn't as strong as TPE but it was promising at every ascpect like constant touring, being serious about art and the most important thing, the disappearance of suicidal tendency. It wasn't that bad really as it created momentum and interest in Manson again till he peaked in TPE.

Just listened to Born Villain front to back with headphones on. It's really a solid album with good lyrics. The center of the unniverse cannot exist when there are no edges. I've been running from the bloodless for fear of exile for all of my sorceries have shun the light. Your ransom note is qouted by your death and birth certificate. Just to name a few.
    Last edited by ReversedHate; 01-05-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Marilyn Manson's feature in ROLLING STONE is now available to read on their website here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...hills-20150106

4. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

The Pale Emperor review in Rock Sound UK #196

MARILYN MANSON
    ‘THE PALE EMPEROR’ (HELL, ETC / COOKING VINYL)

****** (/10)

[...]

In some respects, this feels like one of Manson’s most personal records. Built around grimy, insistent bass riffs and minimalistic drum patterns, songs like ‘The Devil Beneath My Feet’ rely on the magnetism of his vocals as he spits out witty one-liners with the kind of defiance that recent albums have lacked.

[...]

Sure, it’s not a flawless album – the sluggish tempos become wearisome and Manson’s voice occasionally sounds strained – but ‘The Pale Emperor’ is more intriguing and provocative than many were expecting, and may well win back some lapsed admirers.
    Let me know if you wish me to put the full review and if i can.
    Last edited by VV_; 01-06-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Ha. 6/10 that's funny.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Only a 6/10?

That sucks.

Though they do have those talentless douche bags on the cover so I won't take their word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    That's the thing, save Deep Six and/or Killing Strangers, I don't get much of an idustrial vibe at all. For my money, it's simply an extremely solid blues rock album, with a decidedly morbid theme. I'd go so far as to say that calling TPE industrial is about as silly as calling THEOL Death Metal...

No comment on P Roach though, holy crap I thought they were dead.
    Some of us haven't heard the album! Kindly, STFU!

Follow Iulian On Twitter Add Iulian on Facebook Follow Iulian on Tumblr Visit Iulian's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Over neath Man View Post
    Some of us haven't heard the album! Kindly, STFU!
    Then GTFO MM related sites. Iggy just described it, a whole lot less than what you can read in reviews and articles.

Be kind.
    Last edited by Iulian; 01-06-2015 at 03:02 PM.
    What?

11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Iulian View Post
    Then GTFO MM related sites. Iggy just described it, a whole lot less than what you can read in reviews and articles.

Be kind.
    He shouldn't be discussing anything that hasn't officially dropped. How hard of a concept is that?
    I come here because I thought those were the rules. If those weren't the rules I wouldn't be on this site till the album dropped. I'm not trying to be a dick, but it's extremely annoying!

I've never seen the word 'spoiler' related to albums until this board, you are a crazy bunch.

14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post