Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 400

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR PRESS THREAD (Interviews / ETC)

  1. #351
    MA-86's Avatar
    Join Date: 02.10.12
    Posts: 409
    Rank: Glass Jaw

    Default

    Great to hear him talk about some political issues however briefly though. Kudos to the interviewer for asking those questions.

  2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  3. #352
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,270
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MA-86 View Post
    Great to hear him talk about some political issues however briefly though. Kudos to the interviewer for asking those questions.
    I have long-held that although Manson has enjoyed a more detached approach to interviews over the past few years, not all of this can instantly be put down to "he does the drugs!". I think there is also a sorry lack of journalists prepared to engage him on significant subjects. Whether directly inspired by, or broadly addressing, Manson still applies social and political commentary to his lyrics and even stage shows or photoshoots. It's not necessarily his job to jump straight to those subjects during interviews. If journalists put a bit more thought into their questions, Manson may do the same.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

    m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m


  4. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  5. #353
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 553
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    I have long-held that although Manson has enjoyed a more detached approach to interviews over the past few years, not all of this can instantly be put down to "he does the drugs!". I think there is also a sorry lack of journalists prepared to engage him on significant subjects. Whether directly inspired by, or broadly addressing, Manson still applies social and political commentary to his lyrics and even stage shows or photoshoots. It's not necessarily his job to jump straight to those subjects during interviews. If journalists put a bit more thought into their questions, Manson may do the same.
    I've been saying for years that Manson takes interviews seriously when the interviewer is asking good questions, look at Larry King's interview for example.

  6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  7. #354
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,270
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    I've been saying for years that Manson takes interviews seriously when the interviewer is asking good questions, look at Larry King's interview for example.
    Precisely. King might occasionally be a bit of a hack, but on that occasion it seemed the two men were mutually respectful of each other, and as such the dynamic was set and the interview had a good flow.

    Also, sometimes age and experience dictate whether an interview is worthwhile. Consider that when Manson was promoting Antichrist Superstar, or Mechanical Animals, he wasn't yet even thirty, and his interviewers or contemporaries may have been older. He was doing features with Ozzy, tours with Pantera, and awards ceremonies with all manner of luminaries from rock 'n roll. Now when he turns up for an interview, if the journalist is half his age with no original questions, or everyone on an awards panel just seems to do the same whiny high-school dance rock on their albums, it's probably quite tedious.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

    m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m


  8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
  9. #355
    Enname's Avatar
    Join Date: 06.04.16
    Location: Dis.
    Posts: 560
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Now when he turns up for an interview, if the journalist is half his age with no original questions, or everyone on an awards panel just seems to do the same whiny high-school dance rock on their albums, it's probably quite tedious.
    Given that I am bored from reading the same articles with the same inane questions searching for something shocking or salacious, I can only imagine how tedious it is to have to answer them. I would be tempted to mess around, no matter my relative state of sobriety. Or move on back to the party.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

  10. #356
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 553
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Precisely. King might occasionally be a bit of a hack, but on that occasion it seemed the two men were mutually respectful of each other, and as such the dynamic was set and the interview had a good flow.

    Also, sometimes age and experience dictate whether an interview is worthwhile. Consider that when Manson was promoting Antichrist Superstar, or Mechanical Animals, he wasn't yet even thirty, and his interviewers or contemporaries may have been older. He was doing features with Ozzy, tours with Pantera, and awards ceremonies with all manner of luminaries from rock 'n roll. Now when he turns up for an interview, if the journalist is half his age with no original questions, or everyone on an awards panel just seems to do the same whiny high-school dance rock on their albums, it's probably quite tedious.
    One of my college tutors interviewed Manson back in the 90s and told me he was one of the most eloquent men he'd interviewed, and apparently things got quite crazy as well.

  11. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  12. #357
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,270
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Was it Neil Kulkarni?
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

    m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m


  13. #358
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 553
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Was it Neil Kulkarni?
    How the fuck?!

    Yes.

  14. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
  15. #359
    Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster
    S.D.'s Avatar
    Join Date: 06.19.09
    Location: Inkland
    Posts: 3,270
    Rank: 15 Gauge

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mansoniser View Post
    How the fuck?!
    Well I follow Neil's work anyway, and we have some really close mutual friends. Plus you live in Coventry, there can't be too many college tutors who've also toured with Marilyn Manson living there...
    I don't know him super-well, but I have told him how much I enjoyed that Melody Maker piece before.

    Incidentally, it was one of the earliest things I transcribed for Provider Module's media archive. Could do with a tidy now I look at it, but should the conversation come up with Neil again, this was his article: Alternative Cult Star
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

    m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m


  16. #360
    Fucked up and down. Mansoniser's Avatar
    Join Date: 05.21.12
    Location: Coventry, England
    Posts: 553
    Rank: Crimson Soil

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Well I follow Neil's work anyway, and we have some really close mutual friends. Plus you live in Coventry, there can't be too many college tutors who've also toured with Marilyn Manson living there...
    I don't know him super-well, but I have told him how much I enjoyed that Melody Maker piece before.

    Incidentally, it was one of the earliest things I transcribed for Provider Module's media archive. Could do with a tidy now I look at it, but should the conversation come up with Neil again, this was his article: Alternative Cult Star
    I had no idea I had any kind of connection with anyone on this website, thanks for the link though I hadn't read that interview in a few years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

NEWS | TOUR | BIOGRAPHIES | DISCOGRAPHY | VIDEOGRAPHY | GALLERY | MEDIA & INTERVIEWS
MANSON'S JOURNAL | ESSAYS & ANALYSIS | TIMELINE | FORUM | THEATRE | INFORMATION & LINKS