Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940 LastLast

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR PRESS THREAD (Interviews / ETC)

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel
    Chillin' Killin'

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Thanks bunch's Mephisto.

"Nice ones. I've avoided that - unintentionally - in the past. Not naming anyone and saying that they were mean, but I think I've been described as flypaper for crazy women." - Mr.Manson

Or.. a Venus flytrap : )
    . . the fear takes hold

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Just don't write another love letter album pls

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

FINALLY
    http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/ar...ican-nightmare

Omg what?

''And this autumn, he’ll release a secret stash of shelved footage to promote a 20th anniversary edition of his most celebrated album, Antichrist Superstar''

Ok I'm gonna die after reading this interview!
    Last edited by Mephisto; 09-26-2016 at 07:04 AM.
    Chillin' Killin'

8. Like 6 Member(s) liked this post

What does SAY10 sound like?

Marilyn Manson: (Producer) Tyler Bates and I did it over the past three months, right before this tour started. It is, I would say, the last thing people would expect after hearing the previous album, The Pale Emperor. And itís also, coming from the people who Iíve played it to, a combination of Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals in feeling. I generally take the opinion of girls over guys, because you usually make songs to make girls like you. Thatís why you start a rock band. Itís inspired by all those things you do to make girls like you, all that passion and melodic pageantry, like Bowie, but also the utter disregard for rules, like Ministry and all the bands that shaped the first album I made. It wasnít my intent to go backwards. Everything goes in a full circle and it just becomes, without cannibalising work from the past, the same thing, which is ultimately you. Iím a little over-anxious to release it, so it was done very quickly, but it is by far the most thematic and over-complicated thing that Iíve done. In a way, itís deceptively delightful to strangers. Itís sort of like the old saying that the devilís greatest secret is that people donít believe he exists.

What a nice way to start the day. I didn't know Lily passed. Hope he's okay.

Sucks we can't get a re master of ACSS (thanks, Trent) but unreleased footage may even be better!
    Last edited by Mok; 09-26-2016 at 08:46 AM.

That's pretty much it. gabrieltoxic's Avatar

So... he's talking about 'Groupie', right?

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I can't wait to put this next to my Born Villain deluxe edition and the Holy Wood novel!

13. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit cataract777's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by gabrieltoxic View Post
    So... he's talking about 'Groupie', right?
    That's what it seems like. I hope so!

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    A Mental Revolution Nemoris Inferioris's Avatar
    Follow Nemoris Inferioris On Twitter Add Nemoris Inferioris on Facebook Visit Nemoris Inferioris's Youtube Channel

This year is the 20th anniversary of Antichrist Superstar.

Marilyn Manson: Yes, we’re putting out a box set on October 20th, and it has a legendary video that I had to put into a safe for the past 15 years, for reasons that will be revealed when you watch it. I had innocently thought that it was acceptable to use it as sort of a bonus feature on my Dead to the World video for the Antichrist Superstar tour. However, the legal department and my management informed me otherwise. But now it is going to be seen by all. I won’t say anything else to spoil it, just that it captured a moment in time, after I had just moved to Los Angeles. I was living with Twiggy (Ramirez, Manson’s longtime guitarist) and I had just come off a tour where I got death threats every day. It’s an interesting portrayal of what was happening at the time, but strangely, it doesn’t seem any different than the way I behave now, except that I’m wearing a cowboy hat. That’s about it.
    Oh shit.
    Memento Mori
    You Pays Your Money, You Takes Your Choice.
    619208 919 4514
    -The Divine Trickster-
    I Was Invited To Eat The Young
    It's A Poor Sort Of Memory That Only Works Backwards.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Been looking forward to the re issue, its gonna be awesome. will keep things busy til the next record!