Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: THE PALE EMPEROR PRESS THREAD (Interviews / ETC)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Classic Rock Summary

Digital edition is 6 pages, so it's probably 2 or 3 in the magazine.

- Brief intro covering the last few albums / years of Marilyn Manson's life, 2007 - 2013.

- Classic Rock write "The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles, which updates Faust's pact, was the original title track and the album's heart."

- Manson discusses Faust and Mephistopheles. I think similarly to the Rolling Stone and BBC Rock Show interviews.

"I knew the story that I wanted to tell, because it was my story, that anyone could understand, like the blues. The story is, you enter this world and you're alone, and at the end of the day - spoiler alert! - you die alone." - MM

- MM discusses his mother and father and Son's of Anarchy, similar to BBC Rock Show interview dicussing his father visiting him.

- MM says he stopped drinking absinthe 5 weeks ago, he watched a documentary showing how sugar affects the brain and absinthe has more sugar than vodka, so he drinks vodka.
    He also mentions fight-training and just becoming more aware and his friends are saying "You're training, and you're awake at noon. Who the fuck are you?" and MM says "Just when you thought you knew me, you don't."

- MM really focused on creating The Pale Emperor and enjoying going to the studio to do it.

"The new music is my payback to my deal with the devil, or whatever metaphorical box I have created for the past. I came here to kick people's asses. And I needed to remember that." - MM

2. Like 7 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Classic Rock Summary

Digital edition is 6 pages, so it's probably 2 or 3 in the magazine.

- Brief intro covering the last few albums / years of Marilyn Manson's life, 2007 - 2013.

- Classic Rock write "The Mephistopheles of Los Angeles, which updates Faust's pact, was the original title track and the album's heart."

- Manson discusses Faust and Mephistopheles. I think similarly to the Rolling Stone and BBC Rock Show interviews.

"I knew the story that I wanted to tell, because it was my story, that anyone could understand, like the blues. The story is, you enter this world and you're alone, and at the end of the day - spoiler alert! - you die alone." - MM

- MM discusses his mother and father and Son's of Anarchy, similar to BBC Rock Show interview dicussing his father visiting him.

- MM says he stopped drinking absinthe 5 weeks ago, he watched a documentary showing how sugar affects the brain and absinthe has more sugar than vodka, so he drinks vodka.
    He also mentions fight-training and just becoming more aware and his friends are saying "You're training, and you're awake at noon. Who the fuck are you?" and MM says "Just when you thought you knew me, you don't."

- MM really focused on creating The Pale Emperor and enjoying going to the studio to do it.

"The new music is my payback to deal with the devil, or whatever metaphorical box I have created for the past. I came here to kick people's asses. And I needed to remember that." - MM
    i believe he will have watched "Fed Up" which is a documentary about the food industry.. and sugar... and yes.. its scary :)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    I read it and heres the big lines
    -twiggy didnt write anything on the TPE , its all MM and Bates
    -MM doesnt drink absinthe or wiskey anymore , and he goes to the gym
    - the interviewer calls TPE "as strong as ACSS " and the best album he's done in years

Its a really good interview , this era is the best i've seen since HW
    All of this is fantastic news.

Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Thanks. Is there are some new pictures?
    Last edited by Mephisto; 01-03-2015 at 03:00 PM.
    Chillin' Killin'

Man this is a new Manson. Going to the gym,wow. I'm loving it. My phone is destroying this new album. Can't wait to see him live again.

Quote Originally Posted by MA-86 View Post
    Thanks a million man!!! Wooah never would have thought I would be reading that MM is attending gym and has laid off absinth... Couldn't be happier though, as I think those two things have definitely been a great influence on the quality of TPE!

Way to go Manson!
    I remember his comment on quitting absinthe. He basically said that everyone that drinks it dies poor and crazy and he didn't want to die poor and crazy. Overall I'm just happy with this era in general that interview was really good.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by maniac82 View Post
    I read it and heres the big lines
    -twiggy didnt write anything on the TPE , its all MM and Bates
    -MM doesnt drink absinthe or wiskey anymore , and he goes to the gym
    - the interviewer calls TPE "as strong as ACSS " and the best album he's done in years

Its a really good interview , this era is the best i've seen since HW
    I do not disagree with the interviewer about The Pale Emperor and Antichrist. Maybe it's because I was 15 when Antichrist came out and i'm 33 now. This new album and Mechanical Animals are just more mature sounding albums and I find the softer albums a bit easier to throw on and just relax.

You can tell the way his mother died has had a big impact on these tracks and the amount of death that he talks about. He must be watching documentary's on his mom's illness. The impact of sugar on the brain and stopping himself from drinking absinthe is a good choice on his part. The way his mom passed away is one of the worst ways to go. My father in law is going the same way. He was a wealthy man and over the past year his wife left him and my wife no longer talks to him. He has become violent and delusional. All because of his drinking. He has been drunk every day since he was young and he is now in his 70s. He is dying poor and crazy and nobody wants to be around him because he is so abusive.

10. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

It sounds like he's putting more effort into looking after himself, and it really shows, also I always drink vodka it's much more fun than absinthe.

This is pretty big news about Twiggy. It really took me by surprise, but Manson seems so great lately and I am proud of him and happy. He is seeming to be really in his element and just perfect, to me.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I hope we get a couple of ballads on this album!

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post